+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Disabled Season Ticket Price Increase

I still don't get how they were able to sell the early bird ST not knowing which division we were gonna be in. Surely the prices must be lower for a lower standard of football. Just shows that the support is taken for granted.

Snail mail is so last year.

Get "with it" like me and embrace the new IT age.

We are now a global club and a few hours of advertising in New York (Wow ! Look honey) may have cost more than a letter to fans stating our thanks and hopes for the future but you guys can't see the big picture.

Hey, Go Barnsley ! "Get in the Goal !"

I'm already regretting renewing my season ticket. I wished I'd waited to see..
    1. What league we'd be in and if I felt the cost of it would be value for money if we did get relegated.
    2. How the club would perform during the close season, before making my decision to either renew or not.
    But my heart over ruled my head and I went and got it.
    Now, after seeing Hammil released, who I think would have been great for us in Div 1, and the deafening silence coming out of Oakwell, I feel I may have rushed into things.
    Was the early bird saving worth it when I feel we're heading in the wrong direction? Would I have been better just picking and choosing which games to attend? Will the new regime take some positive action and give us a season of the type of football that we deserve to see at these championship prices. Or are my feelings of "we've not hit rock bottom yet" going to bear fruit?
    I'll let you know the answers next year, but fingers crossed, I'm hoping for a happy ending..... and maybe another season ticket earnt bird purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by fantykestic View Post
    I'm already regretting renewing my season ticket. I wished I'd waited to see..
    1. What league we'd be in and if I felt the cost of it would be value for money if we did get relegated.
    2. How the club would perform during the close season, before making my decision to either renew or not.
    But my heart over ruled my head and I went and got it.
    Now, after seeing Hammil released, who I think would have been great for us in Div 1, and the deafening silence coming out of Oakwell, I feel I may have rushed into things.
    Was the early bird saving worth it when I feel we're heading in the wrong direction? Would I have been better just picking and choosing which games to attend? Will the new regime take some positive action and give us a season of the type of football that we deserve to see at these championship prices. Or are my feelings of "we've not hit rock bottom yet" going to bear fruit?
    I'll let you know the answers next year, but fingers crossed, I'm hoping for a happy ending..... and maybe another season ticket earnt bird purchase.
    The thing is , ST's are a vehicle to save money over the season , offer you the chance to have first dibs on tickets for big cup or away games and that's about it .

They don't come with a guarantee of success and a good season I'm afraid .

Don’t see what’s changed apart from Hammill going since relegation

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    Don’t see what’s changed apart from Hammill going since relegation
    Correct nowts changed , if ivvrybody took the attitude , am not payin this till I see summat promising happen , would we have a club ? Al gu t Wembley tho , av followed club fo years etc ,,, aye oreyt , stop at ooham then , tek the politics out of the current situation , nobody likes it , either get behind the team or not

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    The thing is , ST's are a vehicle to save money over the season , offer you the chance to have first dibs on tickets for big cup or away games and that's about it .

They don't come with a guarantee of success and a good season I'm afraid .
    Tha carnt guarantee owt , S/T holders deserve to have first dibs ( as you put it ) money paid up front , not I've been to 6 games so I want the same as a S/T Holder , Pay your money take the chance , pay nowt expect to be back of queue ,

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Tha carnt guarantee owt , S/T holders deserve to have first dibs ( as you put it ) money paid up front , not I've been to 6 games so I want the same as a S/T Holder , Pay your money take the chance , pay nowt expect to be back of queue ,

Av said this afooar Roma. While folk are queuing for hours in pyssing darn rain for cup tickets they're handing em art int executive boxes to business men who probably go to 2 or 3 matches. Some lads i know were buddies with certain players a few year ago who they aquired tickets from by simply giving them a phone call. Its not reight and an eye opner. Tha reight what tha sayin that ST holders should always be priority but they ain't unfortunately. Like in any other walk of life it's abart who tha knows or who thy associated with.

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Correct nowts changed , if ivvrybody took the attitude , am not payin this till I see summat promising happen , would we have a club ? Al gu t Wembley tho , av followed club fo years etc ,,, aye oreyt , stop at ooham then , tek the politics out of the current situation , nobody likes it , either get behind the team or not
    I personally wunt take that attitude cos that's shyte and unfair on those who do commit themselves. I'd always agree that those who fully commit should always be priority. However, thy a fan at end ot day like any other reds fan. If thaz stopped guin for whatever reason it nivver leaves thi or stops thi caring. Al owd mi hands up. Went to Wembley twice but tha can count on two hands arr many games av bin to since. Ashamed? Certainly not. My commitment and responsibility lay elsewhere. Mebees when am older with less to prioritise I will probably reconsider what I do with my free time.

True it guarantees nowt but we're now seen as a big fish in a small pond so expectations are high and seeing as we're paying championship ST money for Div 1 football I think I have a right to expect the club to at least try to make promotion first time of asking. As I said, I have reservations on how the club is being run and Adam being allowed to leave does not ease my fears.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast