+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Disabled Season Ticket Price Increase

I've no problem with ST holders getting priority, bear in mind the club has a vastly reduced income over the summer due to no matchday sales or hospitality so folk renewing early are giving the club a nice boost to it's cash flow just when it most needs it. Fair play to em.

I don't think I'm any less a fan because I don't have one anymore,I don't live in Barnsley now and probably only get to 50% of our home games. Like ESR says you never stop being a fan even if you can't go as much.

As for the pricing for league 1 I'll wait with interest to see where we end up, just be nice to look forward to games again and see us win a few after the dross we;ve endured last two seasons

Quote Originally Posted by red flagged View Post
    I've no problem with ST holders getting priority, bear in mind the club has a vastly reduced income over the summer due to no matchday sales or hospitality so folk renewing early are giving the club a nice boost to it's cash flow just when it most needs it. Fair play to em.

I don't think I'm any less a fan because I don't have one anymore,I don't live in Barnsley now and probably only get to 50% of our home games. Like ESR says you never stop being a fan even if you can't go as much.

As for the pricing for league 1 I'll wait with interest to see where we end up, just be nice to look forward to games again and see us win a few after the dross we;ve endured last two seasons
    I don't have a problem with ST holders getting priority when it comes to big ticket games either , so they should if they pay up front and there clearly needs to be a pecking order or all hell would break lose .

What I don't care for as Exile alludes to is the ST gaining some sort of social fan status , everyone has their reasons for not attending .

The defeats don't hurt any less at work or sat at home , trust me .

I’ve been working in Retail for 38 years now and missed a shed load of games over that time, only getting one Sat off in 4.
    I’ve missed the Swansea play off final because of work, and Many, many top games over the years.
    Circumstances at work changed a few years back and a new boss at work ( Ironically, a Blade) said that if I covered my department on a Saturdays he would schedule me earlies on Home games and if I gave him he fixtures a month in advance he would try to fit in a day off.
    So I got a season ticket for the first time in donkeys years.
    Over the years of only attending maybe 6 or 7 a season I was no less a fan, and don’t consider myself any more of one now.
    Better still, Mrs Jules goes too now... so life’s better. She shouts at them, not at me on a weekend!!
    Sometimes it’s not about apathy..... it’s about circumstances Choices you have to make.
    We here ARE fans that glory hunt... I’ll agree. Hangers on, But for most, once hooked it never leaves you

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234