+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bishop

Bishop

Has been released, is he worth a year contract?
    Ironically our contracted central midfielders are all young (amongst our generally old squad) so it’s the one position that we need some experience.

No and thrice no

Quote Originally Posted by magpie2k4 View Post
    Ironically our contracted central midfielders are all young (amongst our generally old squad) so it’s the one position that we need some experience.
    Maybe 2 years ago - not now.

Should never have let him go but I'm not sure bringing him back is the answer.

Super player but he's 38. Midfield players whose legs have gone are an absolute liability.

Yates took his place in the S****horpe team without too much fuss so he'd be a downgrade for us too.

Blummin hell I thought he was about 34, didn't realize he was 38.

37 in August, according to his Wikipedia profile. Good player in his day, but one of the things we must learn from this season is to reduce the average age of the regular first-team. Stead and Ameobi started the season well, but clearly lost sharpness and durability after the tough winter months. It's not their fault or a lack of effort, just Old Father time taking effect in a very physical league. The first thing Neil Warnock did when he replaced John Barnwell in the late 1980s was replace the big name golden oldies with lesser known but more energetic, hungrier players. And we know the effect that had!

Quote Originally Posted by magpie2k4 View Post
    I didn't know he was in prison.....

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    37 in August, according to his Wikipedia profile.
    Yes my mistake, don't know where I got 38 from!

We need speed (not David or drugs) in the team not players looking for a last contract again,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast