+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: FAO Coventry Fans

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    You actually got 4.

The stamp on Duffy
    The penalty.
    Forte's goal.
    Your 3rd was offside.
    Words stay the same mate.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyBlue40 View Post
    Cov fan reading this thread, and tbh still elated at getting through.

Few thoughts written in peace. We got the decisions - to get 3 in just 2 crucial matches is incredible. Without them, I think we’d have had a very hard time getting through. I never get cockiness in victory anyway, but our fans should recognise that I think and realise how we’d feel.

That having been said, over the 2 matches we were the better side, so I don’t feel lucky as such.

All clubs have fans that go on too much. At this level we’ve got a big support, but then again so what? Just because there’s a few more of us than some of the clubs we play, doesn’t make us better. Otherwise let’s all bow down to Man U.

So we should be a bit more humble. But we’ve been through a terrible time as a club, and for me personally I think I’ve paid my time,so ok to be happy.

Good luck next season.
    Well said. And shows that at all clubs there are sensible fans.

I remember quite a few magpies signed up to a petition a few years back to try and get the FL to do something about the SISU situation. You’ve definitely been shafted, not unlike ourselves in not so recent times.

Last night hurt. We didn’t play well in the first half and could and should have been out of the tie by half time. To then somehow come back and have that taken away from us again by poor decisions is hard to take. I never thought we’d get promoted. What Nolan has done with the junk he inherited is still quite an achievement considering how bad a January transfer window we had very few thought we’d even make the playoffs. I think what he’s achieved with the tools available (and a lot are pretty bad) second only to the one at Accrington this season in our league imho. 8 of the players last night we’re in the team which were second bottom of the league 2 in January last year.

We’re not a rich club who can change 20+ players in a summer so we have to manage with what we have.

And we have a relatively new (a previous regime closed it down along with some very good prospects) youth programme which has yet to start providing dividends.

So we have what we have.

Best of luck. Hope you enjoy your Wembley day out.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    You actually got 4.

The stamp on Duffy
    The penalty.
    Forte's goal.
    Your 3rd was offside.
    The third was offside twice in the same move!

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    I've not seen a keeper get that much distance on a kick since we had Kasper, it was highly amusing when their fans were insisting on pointing out whenever we kicked the ball long and they sat there quietly as they sent balls over the top and to Biamou's head.

It's laughable that they seem to think they play like Barcelona but I guess they all just listen to whatever rhetoric Robbins tells them. He's still insisting they should have had another penalty at the Ricoh for the handball despite the fact that the player who headed it was offside and their fans seem to be in full agreement with him that they deserved the first penalty because they didn't get that one
    They did play some nice football to be fair. I don't think anyone's denying that they have better players than we do - I mean McNulty could easily play in the Championship, and Bayliss looks set to go on to great things. If you look at our squad, which players would realistically move on to L1 clubs - I would guess none of them.

Anyway, the fact they played some good football isn't the point of all these arguments, is it. It's the fact that in both games, just when we were looking good to go on and win it, we were completely derailed by the ref/linesmen.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyBlue40 View Post
    Cov fan reading this thread, and tbh still elated at getting through.

Few thoughts written in peace. We got the decisions - to get 3 in just 2 crucial matches is incredible. Without them, I think we’d have had a very hard time getting through. I never get cockiness in victory anyway, but our fans should recognise that I think and realise how we’d feel.

That having been said, over the 2 matches we were the better side, so I don’t feel lucky as such.

All clubs have fans that go on too much. At this level we’ve got a big support, but then again so what? Just because there’s a few more of us than some of the clubs we play, doesn’t make us better. Otherwise let’s all bow down to Man U.

So we should be a bit more humble. But we’ve been through a terrible time as a club, and for me personally I think I’ve paid my time,so ok to be happy.

Good luck next season.
    Thank you, I can't argue with any of that (which if you ask some on here is quite an achievement)!

You have just doubled the number of sensible, rational, reasonable non-gloating Coventry fans on here. It is possible to win with dignity.

Quote Originally Posted by Airborn Pie View Post
    The third was offside twice in the same move!
    Yeah I know mate but I didn't want the Chaventry fans on here to think I was just moaning.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Thank you, I can't argue with any of that (which if you ask some on here is quite an achievement)!

You have just doubled the number of sensible, rational, reasonable non-gloating Coventry fans on here. It is possible to win with dignity.
    Cheers. League 2 broadly has 3 categories of club.

Ex non league, at the peak of their history and enjoying it. Regular residents of tier 4.

And a few clubs that to a greater or lesser degree have tasted life much nearer the top of the pyramid. Obviously us, but Notts, Luton, Swindon come into that category. Fans of all these teams have had similar experiences in the past 5, 10, 20 years...whatever. They tend to be the ones I feel most in common with, so I do hope you get back to better days.

We’re still in a financial mess and I think the playoff final is a 50:50 game. Good chance we’ll be back at your place next season, so gloating stupid. Only a few weeks ago Lincoln were doing that at our place.

Another Coventry fan here!

Took the time out to read some of the posts on here regarding yesterday and the two ties overall.

Totally understand your frustrations about the standard of officials in league 2 more so over the last two games as let’s be honest some of the decisions have been a joke!

Have said every week watching coventry play in this league some of the decisions are laughable and you really have to wonder where they get these officials from as most of them haven’t got a clue. I’m sure all Coventry fans would agree if it was on the other hand and we had gone out because of the decisions that were made I’d be fuming aswell.

I understand that you’re angry at the fact that you built up some momentum in the second half and that this was sort of killed following on from forte’s goal being called offside however do you think the second half would of been different if your left back bilsley I think? Had Been sent off? Just watching the replay now and no doubt about it that should of been a straight red the way her charged towards McNulty with his head.

Anyway, hope you don’t hold too much of a grudge against us, commiserations and good luck for next season! Fingers crossed some of the 13k fans you had last night stick with the team next season and you have a good one.

Literally got bored of reading by the 2nd paragraph! You really are a Muppet! Shows exactly how small this club is because the only forum talking about "the mighty coventry" and "tiny Notts county" are on THIS BOARD! You clearly have size issues, but that's not surprising considering how long you've been around and Forest just swept in nicking all your fans! I'd be a bit pissed off too! Never mind! Always in the shadow of that Great big Red building across the river. Watching 20k fans walk in there every week while you struggle to get 7k. Bless

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC90 View Post
    Another Coventry fan here!

Took the time out to read some of the posts on here regarding yesterday and the two ties overall.

Totally understand your frustrations about the standard of officials in league 2 more so over the last two games as let’s be honest some of the decisions have been a joke!

Have said every week watching coventry play in this league some of the decisions are laughable and you really have to wonder where they get these officials from as most of them haven’t got a clue. I’m sure all Coventry fans would agree if it was on the other hand and we had gone out because of the decisions that were made I’d be fuming aswell.

I understand that you’re angry at the fact that you built up some momentum in the second half and that this was sort of killed following on from forte’s goal being called offside however do you think the second half would of been different if your left back bilsley I think? Had Been sent off? Just watching the replay now and no doubt about it that should of been a straight red the way her charged towards McNulty with his head.

Anyway, hope you don’t hold too much of a grudge against us, commiserations and good luck for next season! Fingers crossed some of the 13k fans you had last night stick with the team next season and you have a good one.
    Brisley is our centre half. You're right , he should have been sent off along with McNulty who put his head in first. I can't wish you any luck whatsoever , I think you've had a enough.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast