+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Adam Hammill

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    He had to take a big pay cut to stay as we can only spend 60% of turnover on wages. He’d have taken a big lump of the budget if he’d stayed on the same terms he was wanting
    Whilst it's not really acceptable to spend other people's money , the current owners are a bit like having the best looking bird in the boozer , proper head turner but doesn't put out when you get her in to bed .

In other words , there isn't much fecking point in my opinion .

He had to take a big pay cut to stay as we can only spend 60% of turnover on wages. He’d have taken a big lump of the budget if he’d stayed on the same terms he was wanting
    This may well be wrong ESR but according to the rules specified in an article "Financial Fair Play Explained" on www.financial fair play co.uk it states

League One Clubs--"Clubs newly relegated from the Championship can spend 75% of turnover on wages. Owners can donate cash to club and include donation within "turnover" figure."

Don't accept that one players wages can have such a dramatic effect on the whole budget in percentage terms & what was ffp percentage in the Championship

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    We will never know if it was a realistic offer or one that told Hammill you are no longer wanted here.

I know what my assumption would be
    but let's not support one of our best footballers eh
    No let's throw our weight behind a CEO who has presided over some shocking appointments both players & management team
    & a set of owners who have seemingly stood by & watched it all happen
    Hammill has more value to BFC than the lot of them put together

By my reckoning based on the last two years the books should still show a decent profit , not exactly the figure between the sale of players and those recruited because obviously costs need to be factored in but show a profit none the less .

We are in a far better position than we were in 2014 in my opinion when we were last relegated to league one and even then we still paid £500k for Connor Hourihane snd Sam Winnall during the close season .

Food for thought .

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Don't accept that one players wages can have such a dramatic effect on the whole budget in percentage terms & what was ffp percentage in the Championship
    Well it will if he was going to earn £400k a year, that would be a big chunk surely for a new signing . Totally different rules in the Championship and we will have had a much bigger budget

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    I know what my assumption would be
    but let's not support one of our best footballers eh
    No let's throw our weight behind a CEO who has presided over some shocking appointments both players & management team
    & a set of owners who have seemingly stood by & watched it all happen
    Hammill has more value to BFC than the lot of them put together
    He’s got offers of more money , it’s his decision really

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    This may well be wrong ESR but according to the rules specified in an article "Financial Fair Play Explained" on www.financial fair play co.uk it states

League One Clubs--"Clubs newly relegated from the Championship can spend 75% of turnover on wages. Owners can donate cash to club and include donation within "turnover" figure."
    Can’t get on that website SB , what I’ve read is 60% with no difference for relegated clubs. Also owners cash injections not part of turnover .

Maybe wrong who knows
    Last edited by EastStandRed; 20-05-2018 at 11:32 AM.

The bottom line is they didnt want him, hes not exactly on 10k a week.

Can’t get on that website SB , what I’ve read is 60% with no difference for relegated clubs. Also owners cash injections not part of turnover .

Maybe wrong who knows
    If tha just types ffp it teks thi to it as a choice on mine.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast