+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Adam Hammill

Adam Hammill

Apologies if this is a rehashed version of what someone else might have posted - Ive not read the forum over the last week

I have literally just seen the news regarding Adam's departure from Oakwell.

Players with his passion and loyalty for a club in the modern era of football are few and far between yet we have let him walk out of the door, to then put these so called 'thank you for your time Adam' messages on the official site is bizarre - we have seemingly instigated his exit!

The club seems to have a short memory that this very same person came to us in arguably both parties hours of need but could've done better in terms of the team he joined given our predicament at the time. This person also turned down a move to Bristol City to stay with us on what might have been a far more lucrative contract. He would tear up league 1 next season, he would be the difference between getting the point or the win at this level and I would much rather have 1 quality player on good money than 4 sh!t ones on average money. Why didnt the club offer him a contract and a coaching role to try and groom him long term for the hot seat.

Whats frustrating is that he shouldve been the captain, one of the most senior pro's at the club yet what has our inspirational captain - Andrew I've only played about 80 league games at Barnet at league 2 level before I joined Yiadom, has jumped ship when the going got tough. He was the one player that I felt genuinely cared for the club and from what I have seen I feel (allegedly) that he has been treated appallingly.

One thing that the retained list points out (Not that we probably didnt already have an inkling) is that someone else is making decisions about a players value to the team. Surely the decision to release/retain a player should mainly fall down to managers comments. I could guarantee that whoever was to take over would've wanted to retain Hammill

The one thing the board must now do is make an appointment that will put bums on seats because unfortunately alot of fans ( I imagine) are becoming/growing more disillusioned with the reds and some of their decision making.

My message to the club is now clear - get your sh!t together and sort it out

Good post mate and pretty much sums it up , some of us older fans know full well that the real dyed in the wool fans number 5k and not the 9 or 10k they may think they have in the bag .

Big summer coming up for the club on many levels and they had better start getting things right or the writing is on the wall .

Quote Originally Posted by renno View Post
    Apologies if this is a rehashed version of what someone else might have posted - Ive not read the forum over the last week

Players with his passion and loyalty for a club in the modern era of football are few and far between yet we have let him walk out of the door, to then put these so called 'thank you for your time Adam' messages on the official site is bizarre - we have seemingly instigated his exit!

The club seems to have a short memory that this very same person came to us in arguably both parties hours of need but could've done better in terms of the team he joined given our predicament at the time. This person also turned down a move to Bristol City to stay with us on what might have been a far more lucrative contract. He would tear up league 1 next season, he would be the difference between getting the point or the win at this level and I would much rather have 1 quality player on good money than 4 sh!t ones on average money. Why didnt the club offer him a contract and a coaching role to try and groom him long term for the hot seat.

Whats frustrating is that he shouldve been the captain, one of the most senior pro's at the club yet what has our inspirational captain - Andrew I've only played about 80 league games at Barnet at league 2 level before I joined Yiadom, has jumped ship when the going got tough. He was the one player that I felt genuinely cared for the club and from what I have seen I feel (allegedly) that he has been treated appallingly.

One thing that the retained list points out (Not that we probably didnt already have an inkling) is that someone else is making decisions about a players value to the team. Surely the decision to release/retain a player should mainly fall down to managers comments. I could guarantee that whoever was to take over would've wanted to retain Hammill

The one thing the board must now do is make an appointment that will put bums on seats because unfortunately alot of fans ( I imagine) are becoming/growing more disillusioned with the reds and some of their decision making.

Hammill was given an offer of a contract but chose not take the reduced terms

It's all part of a strategy abart to be announced. The new Head Coach will have been identified and fully consulted as to who we should let go or try to retain. After all you can't imagine a situation at a club where non football people would be making such important decisions. Our new owners are not fools.
    The "blips" of appointing Morais and relegation to the Third Division will have been factored in during the takeover period. The promised improved match day experience is already well under way with new hand drying features, repainting of toilet areas and a pizza waggon on the car park. The six million fall in revenue may slow progress down but the strategy will continue. The first phase of the global marketing strategy was seen recently at the prestigious site of Time Square, New York.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 19-05-2018 at 11:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    Hammill was given an offer of a contract but chose not take the reduced terms
    We will never know if it was a realistic offer or one that told Hammill you are no longer wanted here.

Quote Originally Posted by renno View Post

That Renno, is one of the best posts I have read in a long time

It's on par with the rest of the decisions made by these Muppets in suits

Every firm / club etc has bosses , some get it right ? Some get it wrong ? Going over old ground won't bring Hammil back , a decision has been made right or wrong , HE'S GONE .

Quote Originally Posted by DOOALI View Post
    It's on par with the rest of the decisions made by these Muppets in suits
    Football isn't a science and neither is it a mathematical thesis .

It's got some value but it isn't and never will be the total solution .

Whilst ever football is played by human's it's anybody's game and anything can happen .

The history of football tends to suggest that playing the game at pro level offers more knowledge on how to be successful than those who haven't , there are exceptions but generally its a small percentage .

This is simple common sense and I'm not coming up with anything people on here don't know already ,

The current club decision makers are deluded and they've invented nowt , this club were finding undiscovered talent before Steve Jobs was even born and the first computers took up a whole building .

A mixture of youth and experience is a formula nobody's ever improved on and they never will .

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    We will never know if it was a realistic offer or one that told Hammill you are no longer wanted here.
    He had to take a big pay cut to stay as we can only spend 60% of turnover on wages. He’d have taken a big lump of the budget if he’d stayed on the same terms he was wanting

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast