+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Coleman's view on last night's decisions

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    I'm looking forward to the blatant error by the ref at Wembley which gives Exeter a 92nd minute panalty at 0-0 they shouldn't get and they win 1-0, with the keeper getting a hand to it and everything.

If there's any justice that's got to happen.
    How about the Coventry keeper saving it and the ref ordering a retake for encroachment that never happened, before Exeter score the winner from the retake?

We’ve not had a promotion since 1967, had to play at Northampton’s ground, we don’t have a ground, in debt to the tune of... well nobody knows how much but it’s many millions, I’m not saying you have it rosy at all, just making the point that there is no thought that we have a divine right to success, we are at the lowest point we’ve ever been.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    I don't know if it's because they are instructed not to dive in under any circumstances, but we have a real problem with our players being unwilling to make meaningful challenges, even when the opponent is dangerously close to our goal. I've commented before on this board that it almost looks like shadow play at times, like you use in training to take up the correct defensive positions but not actually challenge, in order to avoid injuries. Our defenders seem to run alongside the opponent rather than engaging them, and two of the goals last night were a direct result of lack of meaningful intervention at a sufficiently early stage (regardless of any offside/onside questions). At some point, you do actually have to commit to tackle!
    Perhaps they were concerned the ref would give a penalty when they cleanly took the ball?

Quote Originally Posted by Truthful View Post
    I’d say comedy gold was the way the only times you heard the home fans last night was that high pitched shriek you do when claiming a foul- that was the only time you were audible.
    Funny we couldn't hear you for 20 minutes in the second half apart from the cheers of relief when Forte was cheated out of the equaliser. You remember when you struggled to get out of your half. If that goal stood it would have been like a morgue in your end.

Quote Originally Posted by Truthful View Post
    So basically we are all agreed that:

1. Coventry were better
    2. Coventry were louder & better supported
    3. Coventry played better football
    4. Coventry defended better
    5. Coventry attacked better
    And
    6. Coventry were luckier

Sounds about right to me
    I hate to burst your bubble, but when both fans were singing at their peak last night, ours were the loudest. Granted, you sang together more often, but then you had plenty to sing about and we did not. In the away game, it seemed to be pretty equal in terms of noise. We were louder after our goal and up until your penalty, you were louder either side of that.

If we had been 4-1 up at your place, it would have been pretty much the same.
    Last edited by slack_pie; 19-05-2018 at 03:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    I hate to burst your bubble, but when both fans were singing at their peak last night, ours were the loudest. Granted, you sang together more often, but then you had plenty to sing about and we did not. In the away game, it seemed to be pretty equal in terms of noise. We were louder after our goal and up until your penalty, you were louder either side of that.

If we had been 4-1 up at your place, it would have been pretty much the same.
    I was in the Pavis and must be honest and say I enjoyed their repertoire, barely heard the Kop from where I was, we badly need some new songs.

Undeniable that for the first 20 mins of the 2nd half, nothing from their fans, silence

Quote Originally Posted by Airborn Pie View Post
    I was in the Pavis and must be honest and say I enjoyed their repertoire, barely heard the Kop from where I was, we badly need some new songs.

Undeniable that for the first 20 mins of the 2nd half, nothing from their fans, silence
    Really? I was in the Pavis, although near the Kop side of it, and thought our fans were loud when we actually sang. When both fans were singing, I could hear us over them. Unfortunately our fans aren't very good at singing throughout a match - it takes a goal or a **** ref to get us going at home games. Also, I think the Notts fan demographic is a bit different to most clubs, in that we don't have that many young fans - the type who sing like nutters all game. I mean I used to sing all game in Block Z when I was younger, but now I sit and chat in the Pavid

Quote Originally Posted by Airborn Pie View Post
    Really? I was in the Pavis a bit past the halfway line towards the Kop end. I thought the support from the Kop was superb, as loud as I've heard in years. The idea of the black and white stripe effect from the free t-shirts was a good one, although it only half worked due to not everyone wearing them. It's always easier to 'sing when you're winning', but in reality the vocal support from both sets of fans was excellent. That sort of noise is very, very rarely heard in a League 2 game and would put many Premiership crowds to shame.

Edit: Scary - slack_pie posted almost the exact first line I did while I was checking my spelling!
    Last edited by Elite_Pie; 19-05-2018 at 04:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Really? I was in the Pavis a bit past the halfway line towards the Kop end. I thought the support from the Kop was superb, as loud as I've heard in years. The idea of the black and white stripe effect from the free t-shirts was a good one, although it only half worked due to not everyone wearing them. It's always easier to 'sing when you're winning', but in reality the vocal support from both sets of fans was excellent. That sort of noise is very, very rarely heard in a League 2 game and would put many Premiership crowds to shame.

Edit: Scary - slack_pie posted almost the exact first line I did while I was checking my spelling!
    Must be the acoustics, I was in B block so you were a lot closer the the Kop than I was

Boring hell! Are you still banging on about the penalty that shouldn't of been?!?! You forgot about the Stead hand ball 5 mins later that the pen wasn't given for? Short memory you lot eh?! We were given 1 we shouldn't and not given 1 we should, same result. Stop ****ing crying! With your stone age hoofball you'd of lost at Wembley anyway! And if not you'd of only come straight back down again!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast