+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Coleman's view on last night's decisions

Coventry were the better team in the first half of both legs.

Notts County were dominating and on top in the second half of both legs until key decisions.

Notts County would have won both legs without key decisions going against them? This one is an opinion but we didn't look like conceding at the Ricoh until they were gifted a penalty and at Meadow Lane, Coventry didn't have a kick of the ball in the second half until Forte scored. They showed a stat on Sky that had 1% of the possession in our 3rd of the pitch...

With our home record, the fans behind the team and all the momentum on our side, just as Coleman said, there was only one team winning that game last night no matter how impressive Coventry were first half if Jon Forte's goal stood.

You don't win a game by only being the better side in the first half.

Quote Originally Posted by Truthful View Post
    Yes it will, that’s the game and that’s life.

When it does I will not be blaming everyone else for it, I’ll be questioning why we were so poor and why we played Stone Age football to compound it all.
    I'm looking forward to the blatant error by the ref at Wembley which gives Exeter a 92nd minute panalty at 0-0 they shouldn't get and they win 1-0, with the keeper getting a hand to it and everything.

If there's any justice that's got to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Bloody hell though, our defending on their third was awful.
    I don't know if it's because they are instructed not to dive in under any circumstances, but we have a real problem with our players being unwilling to make meaningful challenges, even when the opponent is dangerously close to our goal. I've commented before on this board that it almost looks like shadow play at times, like you use in training to take up the correct defensive positions but not actually challenge, in order to avoid injuries. Our defenders seem to run alongside the opponent rather than engaging them, and two of the goals last night were a direct result of lack of meaningful intervention at a sufficiently early stage (regardless of any offside/onside questions). At some point, you do actually have to commit to tackle!

Strange change of thinking...

Normally I always want the team that knocks us out of anything to go on and win outright, as it would show that we were second best only to them.

This time I am rampantly supporting Exeter.

Maybe it will- we haven’t exactly had the best run of things and I am used to disappointment and grief, that’s the way it is for us. Don’t be thinking that we’re expectant of winning and think we’re above the rest somehow, we aren’t. There isn’t a club in the country thats experienced a fall like we have- and I also know that what goes around comes around, I can take it on the chin. Your time will come, it evens itself out.

The point though is that underneath all these supposed decisions and injustices, you genuinely were outplayed. Even though it may have been offside, the defending on the third goal by your guys was comical- should never have been allowed to prance through like that. And we sliced through you for the second, and we should NOT be winning headers against you at set pieces, let alone you failing to clear the second ball.

You’re a good club, I’ve fond memories of your kop in 1981 which was one of my first away games, and less fond memories of you smashing us 5-1 at home that season- i certainly have no beef with you. What I do have a beef with is your lack of ability to see the glaring facts- your Stone Age football and claims of corruption can’t mask the fact you got outplayed.

Good luck.

To be fair, it's not really Coventry's fault that the decisions went their way but the fans that have come on here are the biggest arseholes we've seen. Why they can't just admit they were given a 3 goal advantage by officials and admit they were lucky I don't know.

Maybe it will- we haven’t exactly had the best run of things and I am used to disappointment and grief, that’s the way it is for us. Don’t be thinking that we’re expectant of winning and think we’re above the rest somehow, we aren’t. There isn’t a club in the country thats experienced a fall like we have- and I also know that what goes around comes around, I can take it on the chin. Your time will come, it evens itself out.

The point though is that underneath all these supposed decisions and injustices, you genuinely were outplayed. Even though it may have been offside, the defending on the third goal by your guys was comical- should never have been allowed to prance through like that. And we sliced through you for the second, and we should NOT be winning headers against you at set pieces, let alone you failing to clear the second ball.

You’re a good club, I’ve fond memories of your kop in 1981 which was one of my first away games, and less fond memories of you smashing us 5-1 at home that season- i certainly have no beef with you. What I do have a beef with is your lack of ability to see the glaring facts- your Stone Age football and claims of corruption can’t mask the fact you got outplayed.

Good luck.
    And STILL you don't understand! Comedy gold.

I’d say comedy gold was the way the only times you heard the home fans last night was that high pitched shriek you do when claiming a foul- that was the only time you were audible.

The point though is that underneath all these supposed decisions and injustices, you genuinely were outplayed.
    In the first half of both games... Yes. You were then outplayed in the second half of both games with only one team looking like they would be the eventual winner until the officials gave you a penalty at the Ricoh, dissalowed a perfectly good goal at Meadow Lane and then missed two clear offsides on the third goal.

Quite why you think we've had a rosy time as fans watching Notts County I'm not sure either, we're the most relegated/promoted team in England, have had 14 managers in 8 years and have almost watched our club go out of existence multiple times in the last 20 years.

There isn’t a club in the country thats experienced a fall like we have.
    Portsmouth.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast