+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Coleman's view on last night's decisions

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Really? I was in the Pavis a bit past the halfway line towards the Kop end. I thought the support from the Kop was superb, as loud as I've heard in years. The idea of the black and white stripe effect from the free t-shirts was a good one, although it only half worked due to not everyone wearing them. It's always easier to 'sing when you're winning', but in reality the vocal support from both sets of fans was excellent. That sort of noise is very, very rarely heard in a League 2 game and would put many Premiership crowds to shame.

Edit: Scary - slack_pie posted almost the exact first line I did while I was checking my spelling!
    Great minds, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Truthful View Post
    Maybe it will- we haven’t exactly had the best run of things and I am used to disappointment and grief, that’s the way it is for us. Don’t be thinking that we’re expectant of winning and think we’re above the rest somehow, we aren’t. There isn’t a club in the country thats experienced a fall like we have- and I also know that what goes around comes around, I can take it on the chin. Your time will come, it evens itself out.

The point though is that underneath all these supposed decisions and injustices, you genuinely were outplayed. Even though it may have been offside, the defending on the third goal by your guys was comical- should never have been allowed to prance through like that. And we sliced through you for the second, and we should NOT be winning headers against you at set pieces, let alone you failing to clear the second ball.

You’re a good club, I’ve fond memories of your kop in 1981 which was one of my first away games, and less fond memories of you smashing us 5-1 at home that season- i certainly have no beef with you. What I do have a beef with is your lack of ability to see the glaring facts- your Stone Age football and claims of corruption can’t mask the fact you got outplayed.

Good luck.
    Two points I'd like to raise about most of the comments Coventry fans are making on this board about the two games:

• . First of all you aren't 'commiserating' with Notts' fans over the games, but instead you are gloating.
      • . Secondly, you must all know very little about football as playing well for periods of games doesn't entitle you to win a game. As pointed out by a previous poster shocking decisions were made at ***** periods of each game that went against Notts and turned the tide in each tie, when Notts were in the ascendency. I don't think Coventry were lucky, as I don't think Notts were unlucky. Notts were the victims of a serious injustice which will cost the club hundreds of thousands of pounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Lullapie View Post
    Two points I'd like to raise about most of the comments Coventry fans are making on this board about the two games:

• . First of all you aren't 'commiserating' with Notts' fans over the games, but instead you are gloating.
      • . Secondly, you must all know very little about football as playing well for periods of games doesn't entitle you to win a game. As pointed out by a previous poster shocking decisions were made at ***** periods of each game that went against Notts and turned the tide in each tie, when Notts were in the ascendency. I don't think Coventry were lucky, as I don't think Notts were unlucky. Notts were the victims of a serious injustice which will cost the club hundreds of thousands of pounds.

I have no idea why the word vi....tal was starred out.

Quote Originally Posted by Lullapie View Post
    I have no idea why the word vi....tal was starred out.
    It's because it's the name of a rival footy forum. If you had put 'crucial' that would have been allowed.

It's because it's the name of a rival footy forum. If you had put 'crucial' that would have been allowed.
    Much appreciated Elite 😀 From New Zealand Pie!

Surely that should apply to N********* F***** as well. Especially as S****horpe get starred out unfairly!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345