+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Callum McGregor

Callum McGregor

Puts Celtic 1 up with a screamer

We'll never get another loanee that that young man, why he's wasting his time in Scotland is a mystery to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Steward View Post
    Puts Celtic 1 up with a screamer
    Total belter by the chap, a lot of similarities to Grant but a much more accomplished player, micky mouse league wont help his development though, they just went 2 up now

Celtic only had to turn up today. Give me Notts any of the week.

Quality player. Never in doubt that he'd make it at Celtic.

Quote Originally Posted by irish_pie View Post
    Total belter by the chap, a lot of similarities to Grant but a much more accomplished player, micky mouse league wont help his development though, they just went 2 up now
    No similarities for me. McGregor is way ahead of Grant and I have a suspicion Grant won't go on to bigger and better things as he's too inconsistent.

Quote Originally Posted by Robertomac View Post
    No similarities for me. McGregor is way ahead of Grant and I have a suspicion Grant won't go on to bigger and better things as he's too inconsistent.
    Exactly, McGregor was twice the player Grant is. He had that natural ability to find space and time on the ball that is so rare in the lower leagues - you can't teach that stuff.

Playing McGregor in the SPL (or Scottish Cup) is a bit like running a Formula One car on a speedway track. Of course it will stand out, but you'll only see 10% of its true potential.