+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Royal Wedding

What first hit me was the number of times the word God was spoken, so solemn, so sincere. Yes, you join the forum and the question does God exist?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Let me know when the rate of income tax is increased to pay for this joyous, happy event. I won't be holding my breath. So now both public spending and wealth generation are a bad thing ? And what's wrong with the South East ? Eton College might be in the area but it's not the toffs working in the cafes, bars, restaurants and shops in the area who gain from the employment provided by the wealth generated from events such as these, not to mention the income tax and NI paid on said employment, or the VAT generated by the spending, or the business rates collected as businesses prosper. It's just the ordinary working people of the area, and also those dependent on public services, who benefit as the money and tax receipts roll in. But you Labour chappies never are that strong on economics are you, this country has had plenty of evidence of that, just strong on envy, hypocrisy, bile, virtue-signalling and a grossly misplaced assumption of smug moral superiority.

Anyway you miserable, old lefty fart, get out in the sunshine, get some ale down your neck, toast the Royal couple and get out of your fantasy lefty utopian bubble for a while, have a day off in the real world with the rest of us, just for a change like.
    Best answer I can be bothered to muster today is "Fcuk Off!"

I will never, ever toast a Royal couple. One part of a Royal couple had her toes sucked by some daft American, the other one was a head case who should have been sectioned and had more ***ual encounters than an Oldham prostitute.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Best answer I can be bothered to muster today is "Fcuk Off!"

I will never, ever toast a Royal couple. One part of a Royal couple had her toes sucked by some daft American, the other one was a head case who should have been sectioned and had more ***ual encounters than an Oldham prostitute.
    Do I detect a hint of desperation BT!
    Do you have inside knowledge of Oldham ladies?
    If I guess correctly they are not my favourites, but you can’t tar them all with the same brush. William and Harry are different to the rest and if you were sailing in Oban Anne would share a pint with you.
    Just to make you really happy, there’s talk they may get together again as he’s now so far down the pecking order he doesn’t need to ask the Queens permission.

I really do not give a s-h-i-t about the British Royal Family OC.

They should have been consigned to history a century ago.

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    BT a Tory now that’s novel. His mentor Jeremy would prefer the massive expenditure on a May Day parade in Red Square. China or N Korea where people who don’t applaud get locked up and lots of the crowd will report you to the police for misdemeanours they allege you have done - when really they just don’t like you.
    Power to the people!!???? Not!!
    Attachment 9539

One comment I heard from a middle aged woman summed up yesterday to a T for me, "I came from up north and waited for 4 hours with many others for the beautiful couple to pass me in the carriage, and when I saw them it was the best thing that has happened to me in my life", like many others who were their, they are sad bastids.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I really do not give a s-h-i-t about the British Royal Family OC.

They should have been consigned to history a century ago.
    I’m so surprised BT would never have guessed!
    We’ve been here before. I have my views you have yours. I’m just glad we’re in my world and not yours.

BT, several things.

A lot of people simply cannot understand why we, basically a lot of old blokes, can get so passionate about watching 22 young men, dressed in gimp suits, chase a bag of wind around a field. Logically it makes no sense at all and I fully understand the head scratching from non footy lovers.
    Not only that, these young men who chase the bag of wind while wearing a gimp suit are paid obscene amounts of money for doing it. And silly buggers like us spend a fortune travelling the country (and Europe) to watch them.
    So before we call people interested in the wedding "morons", "weirdos" and "people with nothing better to do" perhaps we should analyse our strange behaviour?

On the Royal family....would you REALLY prefer that we had a President? President Boris perhaps? Do you REALLY think that the American system is better than ours? Or the Russian? Or the North Korean?

If you do then fair enough. Our system has generally served us well for many hundreds of years. Not ideal, but in my opinion it is better than almost every other system.

We have a Royal event every 5-10 years at which attendance is voluntary but these Communist Presidents / dictators need their parades annually to let the people know who is the boss and to demand their people attend and cheer.
    If BT wrote about them like he writes about the Royal Family he would have been reported and disappeared.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)