+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Royal Wedding

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    Is this from the Dianne Abbott school of accountancy
    Lol

Crown Estates generate £267m a year. The government give her £39m.
    Should have made it crystal clear
    The Queen gives all Crown Estates money to the government and gets 15% back.

Sinkov your day at the races sounds superb and nothing wrong with you spending your own money for your own pleasure.

Good on you!

If enough people can get their heads together and devise one of Blackadder's cunning plans and find a way forward to bring prosperity and opportunity for everyone in this country, perhaps everyone can indulge themselves in champagne and seafood?

That was the whole point of Saturday and about 200 people gave up their Saturday to voice their opinions and do you know what?

I never saw one member of your Looney Left.

sinkov --you were in the clear because no royalty or Rugby League fans attended Ripon Races, therefore, no cause for any complaint----unless there were people who were sleeping rough who were removed from the course.

I spent the whole day at a Labour Party Forum Conference discussing real issues with real people

How many other sad batards were there though? I see you say 200.
    I suggest the people who don’t go such things are the really real people!

Is this what it was about - Labour Live is now being called Labour Dive as very few tickets to Labours Tottenham replacement for Glastonbury have been sold with only a few weeks left and losses of £600k are predicted. So much for running an economy!
    Market forces and real people seem to be saying No chance. £600k would feed a lot of homeless people though

However Jeremy can look to his Venezuelan friends to see how to win an Election.
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...icolas-maduro/
    Last edited by oldcolner; 21-05-2018 at 09:49 AM.

The thing that intrigues me, as someone who is actually involved in 'hands on' help for service and ex-service personnel and with no political allegiance myself, is how many of those attending these conferences are actually out on the streets doing something about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    The thing that intrigues me, as someone who is actually involved in 'hands on' help for service and ex-service personnel and with no political allegiance myself, is how many of those attending these conferences are actually out on the streets doing something about it.
    I spoke to about thirty people on Saturday who are all involved with Shelter or actually help fund or run food banks.

Two young female members actually go out as part of a team to help the homeless in Manchester and are out on the ground and in the streets around four nights a week.

Here in Bolton, one Labour councillor has piloted a scheme which registers the homeless and ensures enough accommodation is available to provide a bed for the night.

It's great to see that some people actually care and Bolton seems to have its fair share of altruistic folk willing to help those who need it, and that's just not confined to Labour supporters either.

One Indian lady who lost an arm in a car accident and hails from Rochdale was particularly impressive, her zeal to help those "less fortunate" than herself was really inspiring.

How much do we spend paying useless bag of ****e politicians (from all whinging whining " he said she said" parties) to argue there feckin carefully veiled and outdated mantra that has to tie in with their own party line bllx and that nobody gives a shoite about anymore.
    Last edited by CaspertheClaret; 21-05-2018 at 03:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    If enough people can get their heads together and devise one of Blackadder's cunning plans and find a way forward to bring prosperity and opportunity for everyone in this country, perhaps everyone can indulge themselves in champagne and seafood?
    Therein lies the problem BT, I don't know a way to bring prosperity and opportunity for everyone in this country, I would suspect it's beyond Blackadder and Baldrick as well, but I strongly believe that the policies your wing of the Labour Party proposes would make that vision of prosperity for all, recede even further into the murky distance.

Nevertheless my utter contempt for the Left's economic thinking does not mean I'm happy to see people sleeping on the streets, without a home or a job, nor does it make me a Tory. Nor does it mean I have to accept your typical lefty claiming of the moral high ground on homelessness and poverty, as though everyone who disagrees with the way the Left sees it is somehow morally deficient and uncaring. I just don't see the point of moralising and virtue-signalling, which is all I seem to hear from the Left, for all their conferences and platitudes.

Let me go slightly off topic to give you an example, you recently claimed that the IDF were in the habit of chucking stuff over the border fence intended to injure or harm innocent Palestinians. You said I was being frivolous when I suggested that the best solution for Palestinians was to keep away from the fence. More recently you claimed the IDF should not have been using live ammunition on Palestinians attempting to break through the fence into Israel, and claimed you were shocked and dismayed that 60 Palestinians had lost their lives. And of course those who thought the Israelis had some justification for the shootings were callous and uncaring, the polar opposite of your good self. You did however concede that had the Palestinians broken through into Israel, then according to the UN, they would have been justified in using live ammunition and you seemed to endorse this view of how the IDF should have behaved. My own view is that the Palestinians can protest, demonstrate and have as many days of rage as they like, they can protest 24/7 if they want for the next six months, a year, their choice, but DO NOT APPROACH THE FENCE. No doubt you consider this another frivolous post, not to be taken seriously, but here are three scenarios, two hypothetical.

1) The IDF go by the UN book, your preferred option, and the Palestinians break through the fence into Israel. The IDF then uses live ammunition to protect their country and it's citizens. How many deaths would then occur ? It would be far more than 60, no doubt hundreds, depending on the extent of the incursions and numbers of Palestinians roaming free inside Israel it could well be into four figures.

2) The actual scenario with around 60 deaths.

3) My scenario, where the Palestinians protest and demonstrate but do not approach the border fence. Result, no Palestinians are killed.

To sum up,

1) Your option, potentially 1000 plus dead.

2) IDF option, 60 dead.

3) My option, no one is killed.

Now just remind me again, which of us cares most about Palestinian lives ?

Why do British people care ? Royal Family (German), the "dukes" wife an American / German actress ?

Because we are a pretty welcoming society and by and large we like a bit of tradition and feel good.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)