+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Evans may be staying!

Evans may be staying!

The game survived over 100 years without agents. Why did it suddenly need them?

This is something Wolves will have to watch with Mendes, he's not employed by the club but he represents a few of the players as well as the coach.
    Last season worked well for them, he brought in quality, but now these players have been put in the public eye. If they do well their stock will rise further and so will Mendes cut in any dealings.
    Everything i hate about the modern game.

His fee is only £3m so if the agent wants £4m then the total of £7m is less than a quarter of what the deal was going to cost last season.

Some club will stump up the agent fee.

After watching his feeble displays last season I doubt he’s with the £7m investment plus the £5.2 a year wages he wants.

£4m for his agent is disgusting. It's all about money, players and their agents are just mercenaries who ride on the back of these clubs.
    Even clubs like Liverpool struggle to hold on to their best players.

Would love to keep him, just cant see it happening.

4 million is around 2 million nett. Most of us won't accumulate that in a lifetime.
    Why do players need agents anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by holmleighchris View Post
    4 million is around 2 million nett. Most of us won't accumulate that in a lifetime.
    Why do players need agents anyway?
    So they can negotiate paltry exit clauses in their contracts.

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    Would love to keep him, just cant see it happening.

Loved him when he first came Boingy. This year though when he has played ( not often ) he has been nothing special and for a captain to get involved with that Barcelona incident was disgusting. Get rid!!!

Do you honestly for one moment think he would be like Brunt and commit himself to the club? He will commit to the highest loot offer.........

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Loved him when he first came Boingy. This year though when he has played ( not often ) he has been nothing special and for a captain to get involved with that Barcelona incident was disgusting. Get rid!!!

Do you honestly for one moment think he would be like Brunt and commit himself to the club? He will commit to the highest loot offer.........
    Couldn't agree more! When he first arrived I thought he was excellent and added maturity and confidence to our back four. However, last season I thought that he was poor and our defence was much better with Hegazi and Dawson in the central positions. If he stays, all well and good, but I won't lose any sleep if he doesn't. If we can hold onto Hegazi and Dawson, they would be my first choice pairing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)