+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Our Debt to £shley

Our Debt to £shley

If he cares about the club in interviews like he tries to portrait why hasn't he been paying off £7m-£10m a season from his sports direct advertising? And have Newcastle fans Brought the question up in forum meetings with the club why we aren't getting money for his advertising and merchandise??? Looks like he is raking in about £20m a season to put in his back pocket, plus alot more threw sports direct sales from advertising on our club.

Quote Originally Posted by Nufc204mag View Post
    If he cares about the club in interviews like he tries to portrait why hasn't he been paying off £7m-£10m a season from his sports direct advertising? And have Newcastle fans Brought the question up in forum meetings with the club why we aren't getting money for his advertising and merchandise??? Looks like he is raking in about £20m a season to put in his back pocket, plus alot more threw sports direct sales from advertising on our club.
    He agreed three years ago to start paying but that was just another one of his lies.

Seeing as certain fans expect Ashley to pay advertising at his own club with his other business, then it's only fair that he takes every penny of interest on his loans to the club.

After all if people want it to be fair then this is the fairest way.....right?

But let's put this into real life bonafide context.
    If any of us owned businesses we would advertise as a perk not as a cost to ourselves.

I'm well aware it can be argued that paying for the advertising would bring in more money.....but how much more and what would that lead to with additions to the squad?
    Maybe we could have spent 5/10? more million, assuming it's only right he pays advertising but is wholly in the wrong if he takes interest on personal loans to the club.....right?

The Hatred for Ashley goes way beyond rational with some fans.
    11 years at this club. It's financially stable.
    He manages to lure Rafa Benitez and pay him 5/6 million a year.
    He spends decent money on what a manager needs but is lambasted for not spending bigger money on what a manager desires.

However, it can be argued that he's been a bit stingy at times. Fair enough.
    It can be argued that he's told lies to messiahs and that is a no no to some fans...but it's fine if he lies to managers and people that the fans are not too fussed on...right?

There's one hell of a lot of hypocritical stuff...and we all do it...including myself.
    The thing is, wanting Ashley to pay advertising is not going to endear him to the transfer pot...is it?

So let's think rationally on this.
    If you kick your guardian too often, it's a knocking bet that you won't be going to the cinema or getting an ice cream or some pocket change...but you will get the bare essentials to keep you fed, watered and clothed...warm and healthy.

So carry on screaming for him to pay advertising but don't start whining of he starts to offset it by charging interest on his loans.
    Let's see how that pans out when you want extra for players.

It's still 4mil a year. Stop making up numbers to suit your argument.

So Ghost's argument is that because Ashley owns Newcastle United it should therefor subsidise Sports Direct Tat.

Conversly the fair argument would be that because Ashley owns Sports Direct Tat then that company should subsidise Newcastle United.

Ruuuuuppppprrrreeeecccctttt......

....."jeezus wept"says John Redmond to Kayleigh.

🤣🤣🤣

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    Seeing as certain fans expect Ashley to pay advertising at his own club with his other business, then it's only fair that he takes every penny of interest on his loans to the club.

After all if people want it to be fair then this is the fairest way.....right?

But let's put this into real life bonafide context.
    If any of us owned businesses we would advertise as a perk not as a cost to ourselves.

I'm well aware it can be argued that paying for the advertising would bring in more money.....but how much more and what would that lead to with additions to the squad?
    Maybe we could have spent 5/10? more million, assuming it's only right he pays advertising but is wholly in the wrong if he takes interest on personal loans to the club.....right?

The Hatred for Ashley goes way beyond rational with some fans.
    11 years at this club. It's financially stable.
    He manages to lure Rafa Benitez and pay him 5/6 million a year.
    He spends decent money on what a manager needs but is lambasted for not spending bigger money on what a manager desires.

However, it can be argued that he's been a bit stingy at times. Fair enough.
    It can be argued that he's told lies to messiahs and that is a no no to some fans...but it's fine if he lies to managers and people that the fans are not too fussed on...right?

There's one hell of a lot of hypocritical stuff...and we all do it...including myself.
    The thing is, wanting Ashley to pay advertising is not going to endear him to the transfer pot...is it?

So let's think rationally on this.
    If you kick your guardian too often, it's a knocking bet that you won't be going to the cinema or getting an ice cream or some pocket change...but you will get the bare essentials to keep you fed, watered and clothed...warm and healthy.

So carry on screaming for him to pay advertising but don't start whining of he starts to offset it by charging interest on his loans.
    Let's see how that pans out when you want extra for players.
    Pboro is that u? I think u logged into the wrong account 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Nufc204mag View Post
    Pboro is that u? I think u logged into the wrong account ��
    No, i'm in the right account but by all means use that line but it will get you to the same place as the rest who do it. The ignore bin.
    Would you like me to add you to it?

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    No, i'm in the right account but by all means use that line but it will get you to the same place as the rest who do it. The ignore bin.
    Would you like me to add you to it?
    Yes Sir

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)