+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The great Jimmy Sirrell

The great Jimmy Sirrell

“The best team always wins, the rest is just gossip”

Quote Originally Posted by Truthful View Post
    “The best team always wins, the rest is just gossip”

**** off bringing Jimmy into it. Why don't you just do one, what are you still here for? Is the Exeter board dead?

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    **** off bringing Jimmy into it. Why don't you just do one, what are you still here for? Is the Exeter board dead?
    But he's really, really honestly not here to gloat!

I’m not here to gloat

But when you are so, so blind to the truth I feel the need to educate you.

Fergie, Mourinho etc have earned the right to whine and moan about decisions because they’re winners, whereas you’re whining and moaning after having been humiliated at home and having been taught a footballing lesson.

I like your club, great respect for you, but I’m very let down at how you’re clinging to blame, injustices and bitching after having been so badly shown up.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    But he's really, really honestly not here to gloat!
    I'm ****ing losing my rag with them Elite, honestly feel like I'm going to commit a murder. I am going to have to withdraw from the messageboard for my own mental health in the hope that by the next time I'm on it the Coventry fans giro has come in and they're all drinking special brew again in the park. Have a good weekend.

Even the great Sir Jimmy said things wrong from time to time, just like Brian Clough and Sir Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    I'm ****ing losing my rag with them Elite, honestly feel like I'm going to commit a murder.
    You have to look on them with a mixture of amusement and pity instead. Not a single one of them can see that three wrongly awarded / denied goals might have made a difference to a three goal margin. As a Forest fan might say, it's not rocket surgery!

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    You have to look on them with a mixture of amusement and pity instead. Not a single one of them can see that three wrongly awarded / denied goals might have made a difference to a three goal margin. As a Forest fan might say, it's not rocket surgery!
    Yep they're inbarrissing aren't they.

Honest view:

I think Coventry were the better team over the two legs in terms of playing the more attractive, attacking football, but it is true without a doubt that the result was hugely influenced in Coventry's favour by multiple instances of blatantly incorrect officiating. The luck certainly did not even itself out as the old adage suggests it will.

Without those factors, and their effect on the momentum of the games overall, we could have been looking an even outcome and a penalty shootout. I wouldn't however claim that Notts did enough to win the tie outright, by any means.

Now that is a great, accurate post.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast