+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: McClaren

McClaren

See the Wally has gone to QPR, poor bast'ards, they must surely know what's coming !!

Quote Originally Posted by Cannylad View Post
    See the Wally has gone to QPR, poor bast'ards, they must surely know what's coming !!
    im suprised he still gets jobs lol!

however i dont really have much disdain for him, he genuinely seems like a nice guy although incompetent, i wish him the best

McClaren will always get jobs because he can do a good job at the right place. I don't particularly like his smug face he puts on when he loses and I would never ever want him back managing Newcastle, no matter what....but just because he wasn't suited to us, does not mean he's not suited to doing a good job for another..as he's proved at other clubs.

His managerial record is quite impressive but for the last 3 clubs. One being ours and the other two being Wolfsburg and Forest.
    So why wouldn't most clubs take him on?

Quote Originally Posted by nufcwelsh93 View Post
    im suprised he still gets jobs lol!

however i dont really have much disdain for him, he genuinely seems like a nice guy although incompetent, i wish him the best
    He's far from incompetent, to be fair to the bloke.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    He's far from incompetent, to be fair to the bloke.
    perhaps i was a bit harsh, but from all that i've read hes a great coach but not so much as a manager (reports sure, so who really knows)

You're right he has a decent history at some clubs

but

England (being the biggest failure)
    Newcastle
    Nottingham Forest
    Derby county (2nd half season)

again, i dont wish any bad luck on him hope he does well.

Quote Originally Posted by nufcwelsh93 View Post
    perhaps i was a bit harsh, but from all that i've read hes a great coach but not so much as a manager (reports sure, so who really knows)

You're right he has a decent history at some clubs

but

England (being the biggest failure)
    Newcastle
    Nottingham Forest
    Derby county (2nd half season)

again, i dont wish any bad luck on him hope he does well.
    I'd say his England tenure was a failure when you consider he didn't qualify us for the Euro's.
    As far as being a manager is concerned, he's obviously clued up on it as well as the obvious coaching side. The problem is, maybe he's (a massive speculation) actually carrying a stigma from his England tenure that's not endeared him to the players who will all know the history. You know, the wally with the brolly....

Also his attempted Dutch act in an interview ...later to be followed by Joey Barton in France.

I think he comes across as smirking smug. He seemed to at Newcastle and I used to be fuming at him when he smirked when trying to explain a loss.

I'd say his England tenure was a failure when you consider he didn't qualify us for the Euro's.
    As far as being a manager is concerned, he's obviously clued up on it as well as the obvious coaching side. The problem is, maybe he's (a massive speculation) actually carrying a stigma from his England tenure that's not endeared him to the players who will all know the history. You know, the wally with the brolly....

Also his attempted Dutch act in an interview ...later to be followed by Joey Barton in France.

I think he comes across as smirking smug. He seemed to at Newcastle and I used to be fuming at him when he smirked when trying to explain a loss.
    you just reminded me of that joey barton interview

maybe that stigma is real, hard to say without being there with him day in and day out really.

Another so called manager who should have his coaching certificates shredded

McClaren will always get jobs because he can do a good job at the right place. I don't particularly like his smug face he puts on when he loses and I would never ever want him back managing Newcastle, no matter what....but just because he wasn't suited to us, does not mean he's not suited to doing a good job for another..as he's proved at other clubs.

His managerial record is quite impressive but for the last 3 clubs. One being ours and the other two being Wolfsburg and Forest.
    So why wouldn't most clubs take him on?
    This for me. It in other words, he simply doesn't have the level to manage in the PL and the Chimpo anymore, as he can't put together a good run of results, unlike say Rafa. What he did at Twente and Middlesbrough back when was impressive. Since then he hasn't really achieved anything. With us, he was simply the wrong appointment and that was onvious before we'd even played a game.

Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    This for me. It in other words, he simply doesn't have the level to manage in the PL and the Chimpo anymore, as he can't put together a good run of results, unlike say Rafa. What he did at Twente and Middlesbrough back when was impressive. Since then he hasn't really achieved anything. With us, he was simply the wrong appointment and that was onvious before we'd even played a game.
    I agree totally with this. After a good career at Manure where every thing was run past and checked by Fergie he was out of his depth as a manager with England and higher profile clubs such as ours.

This might be the making of him if he finds a comfortable level to work in.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)