+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Nottingham County Cricket Question

Nottingham County Cricket Question

Are you allowed to take in cans of beer in when watching the cricket at Trent Bridge ? I know you were allowed years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by ireallyhateforest View Post
    Are you allowed to take in cans of beer in when watching the cricket at Trent Bridge ? I know you were allowed years ago.
    I would hazard a guess at no. If you walk up with a four-pack swinging from each hand you'll have to drink it there and then. We've got beer in using a pushchair - again don't try this if you don't have a toddler with you.
    If you're thinking of going tomorrow don't forget it's at Welbeck not Trent Bridge.

Quote Originally Posted by ireallyhateforest View Post
    No. Not since some idiot in a Pakistan shirt threw a full can and hit Aussie Michael bevan in the face at lords on the balcony.

It gave every cricket ground the excuse to ban alcohol being brought into the ground. Which they joyfully accepted over the past decade to allow them to sell overpriced beer in plastic glasses.

Don’t think there’s a single county ground you can take it in now.

Don o Riordan is right sadly, they'll search your bag if they think you have any cans in them.

I remember the good old days when you could sit on your blanket on the grass, just beyond the boundary rope with your beers and food in a cooler box........

Quote Originally Posted by Airborn Pie View Post
    I remember the good old days when you could sit on your blanket on the grass, just beyond the boundary rope with your beers and food in a cooler box........
    JPS Sunday league. Awesome.

I remember being at a Test match and the lads behind me had an unusual amount of watermelon with them. Two full ones.As they got progressively pissed they revealed that they had used a hyperdermic syringe and turned them into 'vodka melons'.
    Got to hand it to them.

Went to watch Notts v Northants yesterday and sat on a blanket on the grass etc. etc.
    Shame about the result but what a lovely day out at a cracking ground. A fiver to park and that was it - in effect four of us 'paid' £1.25 each to watch a first class 50 over game.
    Highly recommended.

If you become a member at Trent Bridge you are allowed to take in one litre of wine or beer so long as it is in a plastic bottle. This only applies to the 50 over matches and County Championship games.

If you are discrete and dont advertise it you should be ok wirh a few cans
    Buy a pint from the bar and fill up from your cans.
    Never been a problem in my experience.
    Test matches are totally different as every bag is searched.