+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Probably the wrong thing to say

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyt1 View Post
    More like the over 33's Vaughan and crock
    At more than £30,000 per month?

To be honest, we do seem to have a lot of good prospects but I don't think Karanka is so interested in bringing them through, I hope that I'm proved wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    For a club always moaning about signing over the hill has beens. I'd have thought you maybe ought to be showing a bit more interest for a club completely skint.
    The players I am on about, we won't hang on to. May as well get them up to speed and sold for the best money possible.
    Hows your youth conveyor belt coming on at Pie land?
    Yates was too good for you, yet will probably be sold I believe.
    Still, nowt like a good moan is there?
    You are a complete dick linky tricky . You carry on like you control the purse strings at Forest. Like me , you are just a fan. The only difference between us, I support a team from Nottingham, you don't .Fcuking prick.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    You are a complete dick linky tricky . You carry on like you control the purse strings at Forest. Like me , you are just a fan. The only difference between us, I support a team from Nottingham, you don't .Fcuking prick.
    You are correct in that he doesnt support a team based in Nottingham. Other than that he is 100% correct though like it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    For a club always moaning about signing over the hill has beens. I'd have thought you maybe ought to be showing a bit more interest for a club completely skint.
    The players I am on about, we won't hang on to. May as well get them up to speed and sold for the best money possible.
    Hows your youth conveyor belt coming on at Pie land?
    Yates was too good for you, yet will probably be sold I believe.
    Still, nowt like a good moan is there?
    You would be crazy to sell Yates in my opinion. He's definitely worth having in the squad next year, and will no doubt give more than some of the highly paid midfielders you brought in this season.

We haven't produced a single decent first-team player since Kelvin Wilson, and that was about 15 years ago. I guess we just don't have the funds to put into it, plus the fact that you run one of the best academies in the country and so hoover up all the talent.

Apologies if you were looking for an argument.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    You would be crazy to sell Yates in my opinion. He's definitely worth having in the squad next year, and will no doubt give more than some of the highly paid midfielders you brought in this season.

We haven't produced a single decent first-team player since Kelvin Wilson, and that was about 15 years ago. I guess we just don't have the funds to put into it, plus the fact that you run one of the best academies in the country and so hoover up all the talent.

Apologies if you were looking for an argument.
    I never was looking for an argument SP.

I raised my point, that Notts were looking for better players and we have some very talented youngsters, that we are not going to be able to hang on to.
    So, we may as well get with the programme and progress them asap.
    Look at how many first teamers we now have in our squad from the academy. Until you are a prem club, no one is able to hang on to talent for long, so it may as well be milked.
    Now if Notts get some benefit from that, good luck to you. I want to see my club in the Prem but that will take money we don't have. Worrall was the latest subject to a £12 m bid last January. In the event, we couldn't keep playing him whilst he learnt his craft, as we had to stop conceding. He'll be sold eventually, he's the under 19's England captain.
    I think any club not having a sugar daddy, needs a decent academy to progress. But they cost a lot of money.
    So they have to sell to self support.
    The lower down the leagues you go, then the managers have to look for hidden gems non league etc.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12