+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Programmes

Programmes

Hi, I’m looking for a very old programme. It is Barnsley vs Dunfermline Athletic on 11/04/1946. Does anyone know any Barnsley programme collectors that they could pass on info?

It would be very much appreciated

Thanks

Anyone?

It will be interesting to see the team that was selected to play.I think most of them are playing in the Heaven Premier League or some other Premier League.

No mate, didn’t know we’d even played you

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    No mate, didn’t know we’d even played you
    It was probably some war time competition I'm guessing given the year and oponents .

Both sides would have had a number of players guesting for them as the regular players were perhaps awaiting demob .

Would be very rare such a programme if any exist at all today .

Rimmo would have been in that match about the time he started playing for us i think.

Quote Originally Posted by yorkshireborn View Post
    Rimmo would have been in that match about the time he started playing for us i think.
    Yeh he signed in 1946 so that's fairly likely , interesting thing about Norm is that he only played one season here before moving to Hartlepool and returned a few years later to begin a coaching job under Tim Ward in the 50's .

Thanks for the reply guys. It was our first friendly in England. Yeah it is a long shot to try and track it down. I know there is definitely one copy of it. Do you know of any folk that have a wide collection of Barnsley programmes at all?

It wasn’t a war competition Mr Animal,The war ended in 1945.i Can remember the street parties I had never seen so much food.I think it must have been a pre-season friendly because they always played Scottish clubs in pre-season.Angus Seed was manager.His brother Jimmy Seed managed Charlton in those days who were a good first division (Premier league) club at that time.