+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: O-T Italy to deport 500,000 immigrants and start closing mosques

O-T Italy to deport 500,000 immigrants and start closing mosques

You have to love it when a plan finally comes to fruition......the USA, Burma, Poland, Hungary, Romania....even Macron in France is joining the rush to deport non-Nationals....now Italy....I blame it all on Sir Nigel, Saint Farage

From the Guardian.........shush, don't tell Driller that Italy has seen the light........

On Friday, Salvini and the Five Star leader, Luigi di Maio, unveiled a joint policy document containing plans to build more detention centres to accelerate the deportation of an estimated 500,000 illegal immigrants and review migrant rescue missions at sea after they arrive on Italy’s shores. The agreement also calls for a renegotiation of the Dublin refugee treaty, and for “unregistered” Roma camps to be shut down.

As for the mosques, the document calls for imams to be registered with the state. Unauthorised mosques will face “immediate” closure while proposals for the construction of new ones and their funding will be scrutinised.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...tar-immigrants
    Last edited by tarquinbeech; 20-05-2018 at 02:22 AM.

Adnan Husein, a 28-year-old from Ghana who arrived in Italy by boat in 2016, said Diene’s murder had revived the same fears he felt at home. “They say they don’t want migrants, but over history so many Italians have migrated, especially to America, because they had to,” he added. “I understand that it wasn’t easy for them, either. Whether a person is white or black, we are all equal, all afraid and all trying to survive.”

Difference was, the USA wasn't an over crowded, jobless society. It was screaming for migrants to get the country started.
    Yes times were hard for them. But the opportunities were there for the taking.
    People see Europe as a utopia to start again. It isn't I'm afraid.
    Keep cramming grains of sands into a jar and it WILL over spill.

At what point did deporting people from your country who have no legal right to be there and the rule of law become “Far Right”? It’s right there in the header and all over the article – the G loves it. Guess I’m now Far Right. Just nipping out to get the bedsheet & scissors :->

Quote Originally Posted by AltyPie View Post
    At what point did deporting people from your country who have no legal right to be there and the rule of law become “Far Right”? It’s right there in the header and all over the article – the G loves it. Guess I’m now Far Right. Just nipping out to get the bedsheet & scissors :->
    Well that's the Guardian unfortunately. I like a lot of things about it but labelling anyone conservative as far right is one of the things I don't. They've only just stopped referring to Jordan Peterson as alt-right.

Edit: I should probably add that you could legitimately describe many Lega politicians and voters as far right.
    Last edited by drillerpie; 20-05-2018 at 10:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    You have to love it when a plan finally comes to fruition......the USA, Burma, Poland, Hungary, Romania....even Macron in France is joining the rush to deport non-Nationals....now Italy....I blame it all on Sir Nigel, Saint Farage

From the Guardian.........shush, don't tell Driller that Italy has seen the light........

On Friday, Salvini and the Five Star leader, Luigi di Maio, unveiled a joint policy document containing plans to build more detention centres to accelerate the deportation of an estimated 500,000 illegal immigrants and review migrant rescue missions at sea after they arrive on Italy’s shores. The agreement also calls for a renegotiation of the Dublin refugee treaty, and for “unregistered” Roma camps to be shut down.

As for the mosques, the document calls for imams to be registered with the state. Unauthorised mosques will face “immediate” closure while proposals for the construction of new ones and their funding will be scrutinised.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...tar-immigrants
    Registering imams is probably a good idea providing it doesn't drive the radical ones even further underground.

Deporting illegal immigrants is just logical, although a hard line on immigration may alienate the left - wing of M5S. I suppose it depends if it works or not.

Driller. What would you define as “a hard line” where Immigration is concerned? As in lots of things, I wonder if one person’s “hard line” might be another person’s version of common sense.
    Anyway I’m interested to know what’s considered an immigration “hard line” on the Left now, given the views that some now define as Far Right.

Driller. What would you define as “a hard line” where Immigration is concerned? As in lots of things, I wonder if one person’s “hard line” might be another person’s version of common sense.
    Anyway I’m interested to know what’s considered an immigration “hard line” on the Left now, given the views that some now define as Far Right.
    Further scaling back or removing altogether the naval searches to pick up migrant boats in difficulty, and/or not granting asylum to migrants from countries in which their lives are now considered to be at risk.

One person's hard line would most certainly be another person's common sense. That works both ways of course.

The kind of scenarios I mentioned wouldn't hurt Lega at all, that's them doing exactly what it says on the tin, but they would hurt M5S who get a significant amount of support from disillusioned left-wingers .

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Further scaling back or removing altogether the naval searches to pick up migrant boats in difficulty, and/or not granting asylum to migrants from countries in which their lives are now considered to be at risk.
    What we do need to do, is find a way to stop the tactic whereby a boat arrives off the coast somewhere then someone on board with a phone, sends out a distress call, knowing they'll be picked up.

One way to address this would be to pick them up and just return them to the breach they left from and not automatically land them in the EU.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    It’s interesting how the political labels seem to have been turned on their head. Years ago when a union member stopped a worker crossing a picket line to work for lower wages, he was lauded on the Left & the “scab” condemned. We from Notts should know, we’ve had “scab” shouted at us enough around the country. But now, when a working class someone suggests preventing non-citizens from entering the country en masse because they are worried this will stagnate wage growth, they are vilified by the Left & called “Far Right” or the now boring racist.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast