+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: FAO / Bass_turd (or Swale)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

FAO / Bass_turd (or Swale)

What's going on with the moderating? I like it nice and relaxed too, but surely when people are threatening violence on other users (whether they're Notts fans or visitors) or fantasizing about knocking off politicians in creative ways, it's time to do some moderating?

Otherwise, what's the point of having a moderator?
    Last edited by SwalePie; 21-05-2018 at 07:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by andy6025 View Post
    What's going on with the moderating? I like it nice and relaxed too, but surely when people are threatening violence on other users (whether they're Notts fans or visitors) or fantasizing about knocking off politicians in creative ways, it's time to do some moderating?

Otherwise, what's the point of having a moderator?
    That's an excellent question. I have no axe to grind with Cher1 or SwalePie but it appears neither have the time or inclination to moderate. It seems very much that had they not stepped up the board would have been shut down.

Cher1 posted on the Sir Alex Ferguson thread:

Quote Originally Posted by cher1 View Post
    Swale and I were warned that this Mad site would be shut down if a stronger line wasn't taken against posts which could be deemed offensive. The owners were getting to the stage of having had enough. You take your choice really....
    I think it's time to let it go.

Both have said they can't be on here 24/7. Both have also said that if a particular post offends you then hit the complaint button and your complaint will be reviewed. Seems fair enough to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Both have said they can't be on here 24/7. Both have also said that if a particular post offends you then hit the complaint button and your complaint will be reviewed. Seems fair enough to me.
    I have been hitting the complaint button since you starting posting just after the D-Day landings, but you are still here, plus your hangers-on....it is a mystery I tells yer....I think Tricky should be the joint Notts-Forest mod......then this forum will be booming....honestly

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    I have been hitting the complaint button since you starting posting just after the D-Day landings, but you are still here.

In that case, I suspect all your complaints were laughed at.

In that case, I suspect all your complaints were laughed at.
    You tell us to hit the complaint button, then mock me when I confirm that I have tried?......so why tell us to do it in the first place Snobbers?

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    I have been hitting the complaint button since you starting posting just after the D-Day landings
    I have never hit the complaint button.

As for the owners having enough, they can close the site down if they want to cut off their noses to spite their faces.
    Last edited by Bohinen; 21-05-2018 at 09:05 AM.

Your complaint will be reviewed if they see it!

I wouldn't for one minute expect them to be on here 24/7. Both SwalePie and Cher1 have indicated they were pressed into taking on the role of moderator. I applaud them for not wanting to let the forum die, however, if they are not able to effectively moderate, then perhaps it's time to let the board die.

I don't hold with the idea that the board is self moderating. How many good posters have we lost, people like GranthamPie, Ulaggypie, Plympie, Wellypie/StuTNB, Chinola etc. I didn't always agree with Jacob, but I believe he was fair in his moderation.

I agree, Elite. I assumed that Swale had read the post in question (the one where crazyfists said he wants to punch the coventry fan's face in) because Swale jumped into the thread 2 posts after and asked for a straw poll on whether or not to do something about the guy who was threatened. It is well possible that my assumption is wrong and that Swale didn't see the offending post and that his follow up on the thread was short lived.

If you don't like arguments/debates, Notts MAD is definitely not the place for you!

I know people sometimes get hot under the collar on here and start trading insults, but it's mostly handbags exaggerated by keyboard warrior bravery and should really be taken with a pinch of salt unless (as stated above) it involves threats of violence or gross intrusion into people's privacy.

There are posters on here who knock seven bells out of each other all year, and then wish each other and everyone a Happy Christmas Day. We obviously don't all hate each other, otherwise we wouldn't keep coming back.

It's like a dysfunctional family!

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast