+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: FAO / Bass_turd (or Swale)

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    FWIW, I have submitted my application to help out with the modding on here, and the initial signs are very favourable.....have a guess at which two posters will be standing in the naughty corner on a fairly regular basis once I get my milk monitor badge?
    Hmm, so if you become a mod you have already decided who you will ban before any rules have been broken?

A moderator is there to make sure the rules are followed, not to pursue a personal agenda. They tried that on the Forest board and look how that ended up. I assume you must be joking, because appointing you as a mod would be the kiss of death for this board.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Hmm, so if you become a mod you have already decided who you will ban before any rules have been broken?

A moderator is there to make sure the rules are followed, not to pursue a personal agenda. They tried that on the Forest board and look how that ended up. I assume you must be joking, because appointing you as a mod would be the kiss of death for this board.
    I will be instituting a "green, amber, red" system next to posters names in the interests of fairness....... and visible to all.

You are already destined for the amber light due to merely being an obnoxious, annoying git....sad but true.

ps Have you picked out your next targets in readiness for the departure of the Covo fans?....or will it just be a return to your normal whipping boys?

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    ps Have you picked out your next targets in readiness for the departure of the Covo fans?....or will it just be a return to your normal whipping boys?
    I've said many times that you can only be 'bullied' on here if you are weak enough to perceive it as bullying.

It's hardly my fault that you appear to be a wimp.

Tarqers in

As many of you know, Tarqers and I are close friends, and have been ever since I fell victim to Stockholm Syndrome as he tirelessly tracked me through the Costa Rican jungle.

Since then we've been through thick and thin together and now the bond is so strong that he pretends not to know which multiple accounts are really mine. With this in mind I'd like to launch the campaign for Tarqers to be the next mod of NCM.

Sure, some people might be worried about him having access to their personal info but let me tell you, I have no regrets about giving him my email address, although I do wish I hadn't told him I was a wildlife expert - the constant stream of photos from the hot tub asking if can confirm sightings of a 'one-eyed trouser snake' can get tiresome.

Each to their own I say, I just hope the FSB aren't hacking my connection, they have a special place at the Lubyanka for people who like that sort of thing. The goats seem to enjoy it though, and I'm not talking about the bubbles.

As you can see I've mellowed out quite a lot during my time away, but if any of you pricks don't agree with what I've written I'll happily see you at the next home match for a proper sort out. I have to warn you I've been training with the Zenith St Petersburg ultras so hopefully now you'll give me the respect I so deserve. I'll be the one sitting in the Pavis with a bare chest (if you can't find me ask your missus, she'll have noticed me alright )

TARQERS IN!

Dasveedanya mofos,

Vlad, sorry AirbornPie...**** sorry AirplanePie

Tarqs has got as much chance of being a mod as we have winning the premier league

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Tarqs has got as much chance of being a mod as we have winning the premier league
    Lump on!

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Haven't received a single report Andy. This is not how it's done you ingrate. In case you are genuinely unaware of the complaint system (in which case I apologise for being intolerant with you), the button is arrowed below.

Attachment 9544

If you go through that channel, the moderators receive a notification here...

Attachment 9546

As you can see, there is no number beside 'notifications' which is how they are displayed. For example, if there are two, a number '2' will be displayed.

Finally, why do you address all moderating moans to me personally, rather than 'The Moderators' or something? Other moderators will not be immediately drawn to a post marked FAO Swale.
    Swale,

A simple "I didn't see it" would have sufficed, as I don't think it was unreasonable of me to assume you saw the offense since you contributed this 2 posts later, referring to the recipient of the threat:

I know it's not the standard moderating but would anyone else like me to make the imbecile go away?

Votes please...
    It's also seems reasonable to assume that you would follow up on the thread, as you did when you posted this the next day:

On reflection I think you're right Elite, it will keep the entertainment going until our game at Wembley.

(I now support Exeter until 29th May, in case I forgot to mention that but I'm happy to pop in here to moderate too)
    In fact, I'd be willing to go out on a limb and assume that you saw the threat, mused about taking action against the person being threatened, and then let it all go for simply for the entertainment value.

But perhaps that's just me being ridiculously ungrateful.

Last, I addressed my post to you because traditionally I've thought you to be a reasonable moderator relative to Cher, and for what should be the obvious reason that you were involved in the fred whilst explicitly wearing your moderator hat ("would anyone else like me to make the [coventry] imbecile go away?")

A trillion thanks and adoration for your consideration in this matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post

Personally I can think of a few who would make worse mods which is why I cannot understand the ungratefulness shown by some towards Swale & Cher. To mod impartially you should react to the post rather than the poster & I believe that there are very few on here, especially the posters who join in political arguments, who could do this. Can you imagine getting a ban because you vote left/right or happen to leave your spell checker off!!

Quote Originally Posted by ancientpie View Post
    Personally I can think of a few who would make worse mods which is why I cannot understand the ungratefulness shown by some towards Swale & Cher. To mod impartially you should react to the post rather than the poster & I believe that there are very few on here, especially the posters who join in political arguments, who could do this. Can you imagine getting a ban because you vote left/right or happen to leave your spell checker off!!
    That's exactly what happened on the Forest board. The moderation was done entirely on a personal like/dislike basis with no regard whatsoever for Footymad rules. You are quite right in what you say, so the first two names that should be crossed off any list of potential moderators on this board are tarquinbeech and Elite_pie.

Quote Originally Posted by andy6025 View Post
    Swale,

A simple "I didn't see it" would have sufficed, as I don't think it was unreasonable of me to assume you saw the offense since you contributed this 2 posts later, referring to the recipient of the threat:

It's also seems reasonable to assume that you would follow up on the thread, as you did when you posted this the next day:

In fact, I'd be willing to go out on a limb and assume that you saw the threat, mused about taking action against the person being threatened, and then let it all go for simply for the entertainment value.

But perhaps that's just me being ridiculously ungrateful.

Last, I addressed my post to you because traditionally I've thought you to be a reasonable moderator relative to Cher, and for what should be the obvious reason that you were involved in the fred whilst explicitly wearing your moderator hat ("would anyone else like me to make the [coventry] imbecile go away?")

A trillion thanks and adoration for your consideration in this matter.
    Andy, you were having a go. Face it. Anyhow if my bothering to faff about taking time to screenshot the procedure etc annoys you I apologise for my efforts. I don't intend to piss people off as you may have realised over the years I've been wasting my f****** time doing this job.

EDIT: By the way, I didn't see the post you were referring to, otherwise I'd have done something about it at the time if necessary. Surely you know that too by now. It seems my laid back style makes everyone happy until someone isn't, then I'm a baddie.

EDIT 2: Andy I apologise if I have overreacted mate but the sh** I was dealing with on here this morning didn't put me in the best frame of mind to then read your post to me. I maybe read more 'tone' into it than you intended. You WERE having a go though. I did not see the offending post, let it go or anything else.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 21-05-2018 at 07:29 PM.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast