+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: FAO / Bass_turd (or Swale)

FAO / Bass_turd (or Swale)

What's going on with the moderating? I like it nice and relaxed too, but surely when people are threatening violence on other users (whether they're Notts fans or visitors) or fantasizing about knocking off politicians in creative ways, it's time to do some moderating?

Otherwise, what's the point of having a moderator?
    Last edited by SwalePie; 21-05-2018 at 07:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by andy6025 View Post
    What's going on with the moderating? I like it nice and relaxed too, but surely when people are threatening violence on other users (whether they're Notts fans or visitors) or fantasizing about knocking off politicians in creative ways, it's time to do some moderating?

Otherwise, what's the point of having a moderator?
    That's an excellent question. I have no axe to grind with Cher1 or SwalePie but it appears neither have the time or inclination to moderate. It seems very much that had they not stepped up the board would have been shut down.

Cher1 posted on the Sir Alex Ferguson thread:

Quote Originally Posted by cher1 View Post
    Swale and I were warned that this Mad site would be shut down if a stronger line wasn't taken against posts which could be deemed offensive. The owners were getting to the stage of having had enough. You take your choice really....
    I think it's time to let it go.

Both have said they can't be on here 24/7. Both have also said that if a particular post offends you then hit the complaint button and your complaint will be reviewed. Seems fair enough to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Both have said they can't be on here 24/7. Both have also said that if a particular post offends you then hit the complaint button and your complaint will be reviewed. Seems fair enough to me.
    I have been hitting the complaint button since you starting posting just after the D-Day landings, but you are still here, plus your hangers-on....it is a mystery I tells yer....I think Tricky should be the joint Notts-Forest mod......then this forum will be booming....honestly

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    I have been hitting the complaint button since you starting posting just after the D-Day landings, but you are still here.

In that case, I suspect all your complaints were laughed at.

In that case, I suspect all your complaints were laughed at.
    You tell us to hit the complaint button, then mock me when I confirm that I have tried?......so why tell us to do it in the first place Snobbers?

You tell us to hit the complaint button, then mock me when I confirm that I have tried?......so why tell us to do it in the first place Snobbers?
    Try reading my post again thicko. It wasn't me telling anyone to hit the complaint button, it was something the mods have stated because they can't instantly monitor every single post, which makes perfect sense to a normal person. I was merely passing it on.

Try reading my post again thicko. It wasn't me telling anyone to hit the complaint button, it was something the mods have stated because they can't instantly monitor every single post, which makes perfect sense to a normal person. I was merely passing it on.
    Thanks....I will try hitting the complaint button more often.....Weirdo

Your complaint will be reviewed if they see it!

I wouldn't for one minute expect them to be on here 24/7. Both SwalePie and Cher1 have indicated they were pressed into taking on the role of moderator. I applaud them for not wanting to let the forum die, however, if they are not able to effectively moderate, then perhaps it's time to let the board die.

I don't hold with the idea that the board is self moderating. How many good posters have we lost, people like GranthamPie, Ulaggypie, Plympie, Wellypie/StuTNB, Chinola etc. I didn't always agree with Jacob, but I believe he was fair in his moderation.

Thanks....I will try hitting the complaint button more often.....Weirdo
    For what it's worth, I've hit the complaint button twice in my 14 years on here. The first was a long time ago when a Forest fan called Jimmy Sirrel a p*edophile. The second was three years ago when I asked the mods if they could remove a post which would have given personal details of one of my daughters at a time when some nasty stuff was going on with Forest mods. I have never once complained about any insult against me, and I doubt I ever will. It's interesting that you constantly accuse me of starting arguments, yet your response to a perfectly innocent post from me (#3) is to try and start an argument!

#hypocrite.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast