+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Youth team ,scouting system , or the lack of ?

Youth team ,scouting system , or the lack of ?

Does anybody know what has happenend to the Youth team /under 18's this season ? They lost at Chesterfield in November in the Youth cup and had a game at Grimsby postponed in early January and that is the last I have seen of them either in the programme or the website/media etc.

I'd also like to know if they have a PROPER scouting system like similiar clubs do at our level and pick young players up from Non League NOTE NOTTS COUNTY: Accrington Wycombe.Coventry to name just three. Instaed of bringing in Injury prone loan players,has beens etc.It's the only way to progress down in League two. Yes I know Grant and Yates were good players but they won't be staying.

Why aren't we bringing players through who are any good from our Youth system /Academy , if there is one?
    Last edited by Eastcoastultra1977; 20-05-2018 at 02:30 PM.

There are regular parades of Notts County youth teams of various ages that have won competitions yet none seem to get into the first team.As for scouting Alan Hardy is supposed to have employed three more scouts,lets just hope they know what they are doing,because at this level it's *****.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastultra1977 View Post
    Does anybody know what has happenend to the Youth team /under 18's this season ? They lost at Chesterfield in November in the Youth cup and had a game at Grimsby postponed in early January and that is the last I have seen of them either in the programme or the website/media etc.

I'd also like to know if they have a PROPER scouting system like similiar clubs do at our level and pick young players up from Non League NOTE NOTTS COUNTY: Accrington Wycombe.Coventry to name just three. Instaed of bringing in Injury prone loan players,has beens etc.It's the only way to progress down in League two. Yes I know Grant and Yates were good players but they won't be staying.

Why aren't we bringing players through who are any good from our Youth system /Academy , if there is one?
    The U18s played their last game of their season at Iikeston the morning of our last league game of the season against Mansfield drawing 1 - 1 Mansfield won the division and Notts came third.

The play the kind of football I think Nolan wants the first team to play when he gets the right players in, the U18s play a pleasing brand of football mostly from the back through midfield and out to the wings.

notts u18 have some talent in there ranks and have for some years now , the problem is when the talented ones get there 1st year pro deals within a few months notts do not give them time to develop over the years we have seen , wes atkinson , jordan richards,colby bishop, montel gibson , luthur wildin , jack mcmillian , dom brown-hill etc all very talented and all poorly treated by notts

Quote Originally Posted by mods100 View Post
    notts u18 have some talent in there ranks and have for some years now , the problem is when the talented ones get there 1st year pro deals within a few months notts do not give them time to develop over the years we have seen , wes atkinson , jordan richards,colby bishop, montel gibson , luthur wildin , jack mcmillian , dom brown-hill etc all very talented and all poorly treated by notts
    So where have all these "very talented" players ended up? I know Luther Wildin has signed for Stevenage, but where are the others?

I have tried to reply but my replies keep getting deleted

I have tried to reply but my replies keep getting deleted
    Try again, this one's visible.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    So where have all these "very talented" players ended up? I know Luther Wildin has signed for Stevenage, but where are the others?
    Montel Gibson was at Ilkeston for a bit and looked good at that level, likewise with Malachi Lavelle-Moore, the rest I've no idea. Colby Bishop never did anything to impress me when Shaun Derry was giving him chances in the first team and did we not sign Wes Atkinson from West Brom after they'd released him?

Hi Delroy , have you got the 1st squad photo from this season ?

Hi Delroy , have you got the 1st squad photo from this season ?
    Quick google search -

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast