+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Arma

Arma

Where are we with him IYO? Should he be given a chance here - a proper chance - or do we move him on? He's still only 21 so I suppose he could go a division up with Blackburn on a loan deal again, but I have the feeling that if he goes out again this season he'll never make it with us. Thoughts?

Alternatively, if Gayle, Joselu and Mitrovic are all leaving, he could serve as backup to a new striker coming, though that's a gamble.

I don't think he'll ever make it as a top league striker, sadly.

I'm inclined to agree wtih you there, Zip.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    I don't think he'll ever make it as a top league striker, sadly.
    I think he is of a similar ilk to Perez
    He’s just been called up to the England under 21 squad I think he is a confidence player.
    I personally don’t think he would be that far away from Murphy.
    Sometimes players just need a run in the team.
    We are all to eager to get rid of players.
    I wish we still had Thauvin.
    Give him a good pre season with plenty of time..send him back to Blackburn if we have to.
    But I think there is a player in there somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by tooslomofo View Post
    I wish we still had Thauvin.
    Me too. It really is a waste of time spending a lot of money on a player and then lending him back after six months because he hasn't become established. I'm sure under the right management we could have seen a lot more of and from him.

I'd love to see him succeed here but i don't think he will anymore.

He's apparently one we're willing to listen to offers for in the summer.

If he's a confidence player i'm not sure we have the time for him to find the confidence to play here but i'd really like to see him do well here.

As much as anything, I think he's too slight for the Prem.

If he can compensate through other abilities though, I don't think size matters too much. Trust me on that one, I would know!

Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    If he can compensate through other abilities though, I don't think size matters too much. Trust me on that one, I would know!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)