+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The finances from selling the 12 player we could do without

The finances from selling the 12 player we could do without

A recent pole asked who we should keep & who we should sell ( see link below )

Everyone blow 50% on the survey I've conservatively estimated the value of what we could get for them.

37% Karl Darlow £4
    36% Aleksandar Mitrovic £20
    25% Rob Elliot £4
    23% Dwight Gayle £15
    19% Rolando Aarons £10
    12% Chancel Mbemba £15
    9% Javier Manquillo £4
    6% Joselu £4
    5% Henri Saivet £6
    3% Matz Sels £5.5
    2% Achraf Lazaar £2.5
    2% Jack Colback £5
    Total £95

Obviously we would not get this cash in one lump as the criminal who owns us would defer payment to cook the books to make it look like we are almost bankrupt, thus ensuring he won't ever have to spend money in transfers.

Fraud is so easy to commit when you are a billionaire.

https://www.themag.co.uk/2018/05/ask...castle-united/

It's a bit unfair to assess Darlow at only 4 quid, mind...

Although a tenner is right about for Aarons.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragatino View Post
    A recent pole asked who we should keep & who we should sell ( see link below )

Everyone blow 50% on the survey I've conservatively estimated the value of what we could get for them.

37% Karl Darlow £4
    36% Aleksandar Mitrovic £20
    25% Rob Elliot £4
    23% Dwight Gayle £15
    19% Rolando Aarons £10
    12% Chancel Mbemba £15
    9% Javier Manquillo £4
    6% Joselu £4
    5% Henri Saivet £6
    3% Matz Sels £5.5
    2% Achraf Lazaar £2.5
    2% Jack Colback £5
    Total £95

Obviously we would not get this cash in one lump as the criminal who owns us would defer payment to cook the books to make it look like we are almost bankrupt, thus ensuring he won't ever have to spend money in transfers.

https://www.themag.co.uk/2018/05/ask...castle-united/
    Although to answer your post sensibly...

Darlwo £6 mil
    Mitro £20 mil
    Elliot £5 mil too but we won't sell both of them
    Gayle-about £12 mil...think this season will have damaged his value
    Aarons...£4 mil, max and I'm not even sure why
    Mbemba £10 mil...probably worth more but not playing will have massively reduced his price worth £15 mil but we'll get about £8 mil?
    Manquillo £2 mil but actually not worth 20p
    Joselu...ditto
    Saivet £4 mil
    Sels £3 mil
    Lazaar £2,5
    Colback (isn't he out of contract) If he's got one year left probs about "2 mil

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Although to answer your post sensibly...

Darlwo £6 mil
    Mitro £20 mil
    Elliot £5 mil too but we won't sell both of them
    Gayle-about £12 mil...think this season will have damaged his value
    Aarons...£4 mil, max and I'm not even sure why
    Mbemba £10 mil...probably worth more but not playing will have massively reduced his price worth £15 mil but we'll get about £8 mil?
    Manquillo £2 mil but actually not worth 20p
    Joselu...ditto
    Saivet £4 mil
    Sels £3 mil
    Lazaar £2,5
    Colback (isn't he out of contract) If he's got one year left probs about "2 mil

As I said chaps, my estimates are 'conservative' / under value.

I just wanted to point out we have around 80£ million if we get rid of all this dross.

Zip mate, you're valuation of Manquimer probably more accuarate haha!

Do you really believe if we sold all them for that much Rafa would see any of it.Goes in the fat slugs pocket.He will cry on sky saying he has put as much in as he can again and the player sales was needed to keep us going.
    I am expecting another transfer window with no incomings.Wouldnt surprise me if the books are cooked to show a massive loss,to fail FFP and get a transfer embargo placed upon the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie1974 View Post
    Do you really believe if we sold all them for that much Rafa would see any of it.Goes in the fat slugs pocket.He will cry on sky saying he has put as much in as he can again and the player sales was needed to keep us going.
    I am expecting another transfer window with no incomings.Wouldnt surprise me if the books are cooked to show a massive loss,to fail FFP and get a transfer embargo placed upon the club.

Na mate, I don't hence my closing comment

'Obviously we would not get this cash in one lump as the criminal who owns us would defer payment to cook the books to make it look like we are almost bankrupt, thus ensuring he won't ever have to spend money in transfers.'

Quote Originally Posted by Ragatino View Post
    Na mate, I don't hence my closing comment

'Obviously we would not get this cash in one lump as the criminal who owns us would defer payment to cook the books to make it look like we are almost bankrupt, thus ensuring he won't ever have to spend money in transfers.'

I'm sure I read somewhere that the first part of last season's tv money wouldn't come for 2 months....surely fatty would let us spend that despite it not being in our bank account given that the £120 million we generated is guaranteed.

If he sticks to his promise, Rafa will get a decent wedge to spend.

That's a huge 'if', though...

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    I'm sure I read somewhere that the first part of last season's tv money wouldn't come for 2 months....surely fatty would let us spend that despite it not being in our bank account given that the £120 million we generated is guaranteed.

If he sticks to his promise, Rafa will get a decent wedge to spend.

That's a huge 'if', though...

Aye well Rafa should have around that £120million figure as you said 'if' the own does keep his word and free up 'every penny' to the manager.

Nuts thing is, he spent heavily when he brought in McClown. Whilst I dislike the man for his actions over the past 11 years I want to reserve judgement until the wind shuts in August.

Does anyone know why the Prem is subject to a shortened transfer window this year? That one has passed me by!?!

When the window does close we can refer back to these posts to pick the bones out of the business done.

All the best lads.

1.30 here in the middle east.

Let's hope we wake up to some positive news!

11:30 in the Toon,.

I think the clubs voted to have it shut before the season started...could be wrong, though.

Problem is-we've been lied to before and Rafa's been let down so it's no wonder we're sceptical. Would be very happy to be proved wrong.

10 mill for mbemba
    really

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)