+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Having said all that

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Elite is just stating the obvious, decisions and not football skill decided this tie, we know it you know it and everyone watching it on tv or at the match knows it. You can make light or dress it up as much as you like it is a fact.
    It seems the Coventry fans are unable to see that. No-one is saying we deserved to win, as we were outplayed for long spells, but in spite of that we were still denied the chance of winning by blatant officiating errors. I don't see how anyone can dispute that.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    It seems the Coventry fans are unable to see that. No-one is saying we deserved to win, as we were outplayed for long spells, but in spite of that we were still denied the chance of winning by blatant officiating errors. I don't see how anyone can dispute that.
    The only people that seem to be denying that is Coventry fans because they feel that their style of play is so akin to that of Man City this season and Barcelona that no team could come close to competing with the way they play the beautiful game regardless of officiating. Little old Notts County should be grateful that they went easy on us.

The football we played was as good as it gets in League Two- that is a fact.

Man City would beat us by double figures.

But in League Two we put on a display that you couldn't live with- decisions or no decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Truthful View Post
    The football we played was as good as it gets in League Two- that is a fact.

Man City would beat us by double figures.

But in League Two we put on a display that you couldn't live with- decisions or no decisions.
    Except we did live with it and made the game 2-2, that is a fact. (the aggregate score at that point would have put us in front had it not been for your penalty in the first leg too)

"as good as it gets" is quite funny, it's not like Luton almost scored double figures in multiple games this season...

Not sure why you seem to think your style of play is the best League 2 has ever seen, you are aware that most of the first half you were hoofing it to Biamou and he was flicking it on to McNulty or putting it over the top and exposing our defences lack of pace? Your second goal comes from the left back pumping it forward to Biamou or McNulty and builds from there, not exactly a 20 pass move that started with your goalkeeper. The best goal of the tie was still Forte's at the Ricoh, followed by Biamou's overhead kick (that came from a corner)

Quote Originally Posted by DelroyFacey22 View Post
    Except we did live with it and made the game 2-2, that is a fact. (the aggregate score at that point would have put us in front had it not been for your penalty in the first leg too)

"as good as it gets" is quite funny, it's not like Luton almost scored double figures in multiple games this season...

Not sure why you seem to think your style of play is the best League 2 has ever seen, you are aware that most of the first half you were hoofing it to Biamou and he was flicking it on to McNulty or putting it over the top and exposing our defences lack of pace? Your second goal comes from the left back pumping it forward to Biamou or McNulty and builds from there, not exactly a 20 pass move that started with your goalkeeper. The best goal of the tie was still Forte's at the Ricoh, followed by Biamou's overhead kick (that came from a corner)
    Dear oh dear.

I think there was a bit of a difference from our hoofing and yours ffs. Coventry mixed it up, you didn’t. It’s not rocket science is it? You had one plan and it failed. Coventry played football predominantly on the ground over the two legs and have done all season. We ran and passed through your midfield time after time, what is wrong with you people?

You had one notable move over two legs and you scored from it, might be something in that ah?

Except we did live with it and made the game 2-2, that is a fact.

I honestly can't work out why they are finding something as blatantly obvious as that so hard to understand.

There is actually a really good thread on here about Nolan having a 'plan B', worth a read.

Notts County set themselves up as a long ball team, claim everything, muscle & strength etc

We should have gone in at half time 3-1, 4-1 (or nil had the referee seen the push by Stead )- and we didn't due to our own failings, thats fine. But during that half it was amazing that Notts County couldn't do anything at all- there was no attempt to stop what we were doing, there was no attempt to change anything- it was just a case of stick doing the same old things and hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Truthful View Post
    There is actually a really good thread on here about Nolan having a 'plan B', worth a read.

Notts County set themselves up as a long ball team, claim everything, muscle & strength etc

We should have gone in at half time 3-1, 4-1 (or nil had the referee seen the push by Stead )- and we didn't due to our own failings, thats fine. But during that half it was amazing that Notts County couldn't do anything at all- there was no attempt to stop what we were doing, there was no attempt to change anything- it was just a case of stick doing the same old things and hope.
    Spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by Cov1 View Post
    Dear oh dear.

I think there was a bit of a difference from our hoofing and yours ffs. Coventry mixed it up, you didn’t. It’s not rocket science is it? You had one plan and it failed. Coventry played football predominantly on the ground over the two legs and have done all season. We ran and passed through your midfield time after time, what is wrong with you people?

You had one notable move over two legs and you scored from it, might be something in that ah?
    We didn't mix it up? Ok so our goal in the first leg from from hoofing it? Our two goals in the second leg were from hoofing it? That's right, no for any of them. Was our style of play when we were dominating the second half differently from the first half? Yes. O'Connor came on and absolutely ran the game, resulting in us making the game 2-2.

Why is it that Coventry fans see any 50/50 challenge as a clear foul for them? I've seen so many Coventry fans claim Stead was fouling Grimmer but not one of them seem to acknowlege the fact that Grimmer was very clearly pulling Stead's shirt up towards his head, there's a reason you can see Stead's back and stomach in the replays, therefore is anything they are both grabbing eachother and we would have just as much right to claim for a penalty as you would a foul.

I'm still yet to see a Coventry fan disagree with Mark Robbins on their second penalty claim that was stonewall for a handball after an offside Coventry player headed it...

Edit: "There was no attempt to change anything" Nolan very clearly told the players in the 40th minute that they had 5 minutes to go till half time and he wanted them to keep Coventry out until then, we did, and scored a goal before half time and then his changes at half time very visibly changed the game, there was only one team in it after the break and we had the game back on level terms.
    Last edited by DelroyFacey22; 21-05-2018 at 10:10 AM.

We didn't mix it up? Ok so our goal in the first leg from from hoofing it? Our two goals in the second leg were from hoofing it? That's right, no for any of them. Was our style of play when we were dominating the second half differently from the first half? Yes. O'Connor came on and absolutely ran the game, resulting in us making the game 2-2.

Why is it that Coventry fans see any 50/50 challenge as a clear foul for them? I've seen so many Coventry fans claim Stead was fouling Grimmer but not one of them seem to acknowlege the fact that Grimmer was very clearly pulling Stead's shirt up towards his head, there's a reason you can see Stead's back and stomach in the replays, therefore is anything they are both grabbing eachother and we would have just as much right to claim for a penalty as you would a foul.

I'm still yet to see a Coventry fan disagree with Mark Robbins on their second penalty claim that was stonewall for a handball after an offside Coventry player headed it...

Edit: "There was no attempt to change anything" Nolan very clearly told the players in the 40th minute that they had 5 minutes to go till half time and he wanted them to keep Coventry out until then, we did, and scored a goal before half time and then his changes at half time very visibly changed the game, there was only one team in it after the break and we had the game back on level terms.
    If you read my post I made a reference to your goal at The Ricoh? Your two goals in the second leg? Am I missing something?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast