+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Just a thought

I sat near to the dugout for the checkatrade game against Mansfield. Both Nolan and Evans were accosting the 4th official within a minute or so of kick off and continued throughout the match. They were contesting virtually every decision which went against them. There aren't many lines of work where that level of confrontation would be accepte.

[QUOTE=Airborn Pie;38898791][B]
    Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Freds like this are the best thing about MAD and thanks for the personal angle, Cher. Thanks also to Truthful for creating a dialogue that has been well-argued and non-abusive.
    I would be interested to hear from Pies4U who has extensive knowledge re refs and, because I can't get to home games, can Notts fans tell me whether Kevin is regularly confrontational with refs.

Hilarious, coming from you, unbelievable double standards, I'll remind you what you wrote last night, you probably remeber nothing after 8pm each night 'What a plank you are' totally without provocation.

You then went on to say you were reporting me after I retaliated with 'absolute tosser' and that I was 'under investigation' after the lengthy thread in which you claimed you'd 'never' report anyone, class
    'Plank' is trivial fare compared with absolute tosser. Your problem, Mr AirbornE, is that you take yourself and me much too seriously. I wouldn't dream of troubling the hardworking Mr Swale with a report on planks. He'd probably tell me to walk one.

Hey, i961, you calling me a liar?

These bawling and strutting antics on the touchline are getting more and more exaggerated - but! - if the manager didn't do it the officials would think "What a wonderful job I'm doing today" and take less notice - or so the manager might think. It's rather like the players who get tackled and scream in agony, throw their arms in the air, collapse as if shot and writhe around slapping the ground. It used to work but referees are used to seeing it so now ignore it, but if the tacklee just got up and carried on there's less chance of the tackler getting a yellow card, so now it's the norm.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    'Plank' is trivial fare compared with absolute tosser.
    And that sums up why the mods have come in for some grossly unfair criticism in the last couple of days. Insults like 'plank' should pass without a second thought, and even the stronger 'absolute tosser' or similar has quite rightly escaped any sort of action in the past many times. It's a two bob messageboard FFS, if you would genuinely take offence at either of those 'insults' then you should logout immediately and google 'Women's Institute forum' instead . The problem occurs when people like Airborn Pie (aka Vladpie) are happy to give it large (like threatening to break someone's jaw), but then squeal like a little girl if they get called a plank. Laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    And that sums up why the mods have come in for some grossly unfair criticism in the last couple of days. Insults like 'plank' should pass without a second thought, and even the stronger 'absolute tosser' or similar has quite rightly escaped any sort of action in the past many times. It's a two bob messageboard FFS, if you would genuinely take offence at either of those 'insults' then you should logout immediately and google 'Women's Institute forum' instead . The problem occurs when people like Airborn Pie (aka Vladpie) are happy to give it large (like threatening to break someone's jaw), but then squeal like a little girl if they get called a plank. Laughable.
    Cheers, Elite. We haven't always seen eye to eye but your posts are a breath of fresh air compared with the garbage spouted by the right whingers who dominate this board.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Idiot, Vladpie must have really given your wife or boyfriend a very good time for you to have such a boner for him. Time to let him go I think, you're starting to look obsessed.

Lovely weather for the time of year don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Lovely weather for the time of year don't you think?
    The man's a moron Swale, mentaly defficient, he ruins every thread he enters.

Currently enjoying the Adam Collin thread, decent football chat with good people, one notable absence.
    Last edited by Airborn Pie; 23-05-2018 at 10:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Airborn Pie View Post
    The man's a moron Swale, mentaly defficient, he ruins every thread he enters.

Currently enjoying the Adam Collin thread, decent football chat with good people, one notable absence.
    Uh-oh, three major spelling errors in one short post. Hardly grounds for belittling the mentality of another, methinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Airborn Pie View Post
    Idiot, Vladpie must have really given your wife or boyfriend a very good time for you to have such a boner for him. Time to let him go I think, you're starting to look obsessed.
    Two things:

1. Please stop pretending you're not Vladpie. It's blatantly obvious that you are.

2. Instead of an insult, address the point that you are happy to give it large, but then squeal like a little girl if you get called a plank.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast