+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Retained list late being announced

Retained list late being announced

Can't understand why Notts have not issued their Retained list yet. The Management would have discussed it and decided on who to keep and who to let go long before now. Would have though they would be eager to get the ball rollong (so to speak)

We waited until our season finished, which was on Friday if you've been living under a rock. Nolan said after the game that he'd not thought about it too much as he wanted to get the playoffs out of the way first and was putting all his time in to that but now they will sit down and discuss it then announce it this week, he might have said on Wednesday but I can't remember.

It's 9.15am on the Monday after our season finished though, it was never going to be announced while we were in the playoffs and it would have been stupid to discuss with players about them leaving before we'd played all of our games.

Nolan is very much a player's manager, so I suspect he will want to sit down with each individual and explain his decision before he goes public with it.

I'm not so concerned about exactly when the retain list is issued, but I do want to see most if not all of our new signings announced by the start of July, because that will be a sure sign we have targeted players and done the groundwork behind the scenes well in advance.

If we're messing about with lots of triallists in pre-season, then it looks like we're throwing a squad together at the last minute with what's left after the top pickings have gone. We've recruited extra scouts to do the job, so now we need to see the benefits of that investment.

I agree with Jackal here & we are also desperate for some pace in the side.

I would guess Dickinson, Smith, Shola, Saunders, Hodge & Milsom will all be gone.

I think he will keep Stead and Duffy i'm undecided what Nolan will do with Forte but i'd offer him a 1 year deal even if he is 3rd or 4th choice he is still a good player at this level.

Quote Originally Posted by DelroyFacey22 View Post
    We waited until our season finished, which was on Friday if you've been living under a rock. Nolan said after the game that he'd not thought about it too much as he wanted to get the playoffs out of the way first and was putting all his time in to that but now they will sit down and discuss it then announce it this week, he might have said on Wednesday but I can't remember.

It's 9.15am on the Monday after our season finished though, it was never going to be announced while we were in the playoffs and it would have been stupid to discuss with players about them leaving before we'd played all of our games.
    some people just don't read under rocks
    Last edited by BanjoPie; 21-05-2018 at 10:31 AM. Reason: spilling error

Probably be announced by the end of the week.

Because you will probably find out that 3/4 of the players are staying only a few and the only goal scorer are going.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    I agree with Jackal here & we are also desperate for some pace in the side.

I would guess Dickinson, Smith, Shola, Saunders, Hodge & Milsom will all be gone.

I think he will keep Stead and Duffy i'm undecided what Nolan will do with Forte but i'd offer him a 1 year deal even if he is 3rd or 4th choice he is still a good player at this level.
    Actually, I would like to see Milsom retained, he was our player of the year last season and has looked useful on the few times he has played. Think Milsom & Jones would work well together down the left side IMO

Not sure why Milsom wasn't used more than he was other than him being injured and coming back to fitness around the same time O'Connor did and Nolan rating O'Connor more.

On paper, Milsom, O'Connor, Hewitt and then Noble and Husin would have our central midfield looking very strong in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by DelroyFacey22 View Post
    Not sure why Milsom wasn't used more than he was other than him being injured and coming back to fitness around the same time O'Connor did and Nolan rating O'Connor more.

On paper, Milsom, O'Connor, Hewitt and then Noble and Husin would have our central midfield looking very strong in my opinion.
    Agree with this Del, that would be a decent midfield at league 2 level, just not sure about Noble, he really needs to show more

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast