+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: lets have a quick vote

Have you seen that clip of when one of your guys elbows one of ours? I'd say that neutralises what Davies did- but it wasn't seen.

Did the referee give out a special rulebook before the game saying "you are not allowed to defend properly and cannot change tactics no matter what" or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Cov1 View Post
    Nonsense. The game wouldn’t have followed the exact path if some of those controversial decisions had been given. Let’s not forget your defender should have gone for putting his head into Mcnulty following a harmless push.
    "harmess push" could also been seen as a player raising his hands to an opponent if we're being ultra critical... Not sure why you lot seem to only acknowledge Brisley in that altercation, yes he reacted poorly to the push but they very clearly stated on commentary that both players put their heads towards eachother and they were both lucky to only get yellows in such an idiotic altercation.

In terms of this vote,

We were not given a level playing field to compete, a 3 goal advantage was given to Coventry by officials making clearly wrong decisions.

If we're talking about just the second leg and ignoring the fact that we should have been 1-0 up on aggregate... I agree with John Coleman and believe that there was only one likely winner of the game if it had gone to 2-2, therefore the answer is yes, we lost the game from that point on because we were denied the 2-2 and then conceded a goal that should have been flagged offside (twice) to completely kill off the game as a contest.

We have been excellent at home since Nolan came in and this team has had a never say die attitude at home for a while, coming back from big margins and refusing to give up. You may recall when you came here earlier in the season and invaded the pitch after your late equaliser only for us to go straight back up and score again to take 3 points? I certainly remember it, it was one of the funniest things I've witnessed this term.

Quote Originally Posted by DelroyFacey22 View Post
    "harmess push" could also been seen as a player raising his hands to an opponent if we're being ultra critical... Not sure why you lot seem to only acknowledge Brisley in that altercation, yes he reacted poorly to the push but they very clearly stated on commentary that both players put their heads towards eachother and they were both lucky to only get yellows in such an idiotic altercation.

In terms of this vote,

We were not given a level playing field to compete, a 3 goal advantage was given to Coventry by officials making clearly wrong decisions.

If we're talking about just the second leg and ignoring the fact that we should have been 1-0 up on aggregate... I agree with John Coleman and believe that there was only one likely winner of the game if it had gone to 2-2, therefore the answer is yes, we lost the game from that point on because we were denied the 2-2 and then conceded a goal that should have been flagged offside (twice) to completely kill off the game as a contest.

We have been excellent at home since Nolan came in and this team has had a never say die attitude at home for a while, coming back from big margins and refusing to give up. You may recall when you came here earlier in the season and invaded the pitch after your late equaliser only for us to go straight back up and score again to take 3 points? I certainly remember it, it was one of the funniest things I've witnessed this term.
    Was funny to be fair...

But we had the last laugh ah? 🤭

If you're gonna start selectively copying & pasting portions of what people said, I think its only fair to put the whole comment down

Accrington Stanley boss John Coleman:

Biamou goal: "In that situation give the benefit to the attacker - which should have happened for Notts County. If you're not sure, and it's a tight decision, give the benefit to the attacker.

"It is quite difficult, when the centre half comes out and the forward comes in, it's difficult to get that right. We want to see goals, we want the benefit to go to the attackers."

Overall view: "Coventry were worthy of going in two or three nil up. As it was they went in one nil up.

"In the second half, Coventry couldn't keep the ball and Notts County were coming back, they made chances and they scored a goal.

"It was a good goal.

"But on the balance of play I don't think anybody could be bothered by Coventry winning."

Quote Originally Posted by Truthful View Post
    If you're gonna start selectively copying & pasting portions of what people said, I think its only fair to put the whole comment down

Biamou goal: "In that situation give the benefit to the attacker - which should have happened for Notts County. If you're not sure, and it's a tight decision, give the benefit to the attacker.

"It is quite difficult, when the centre half comes out and the forward comes in, it's difficult to get that right. We want to see goals, we want the benefit to go to the attackers."

Overall view: "Coventry were worthy of going in two or three nil up. As it was they went in one nil up.

"In the second half, Coventry couldn't keep the ball and Notts County were coming back, they made chances and they scored a goal.

"It was a good goal.

"But on the balance of play I don't think anybody could be bothered by Coventry winning."
    "Put the whole comment"

Ignores the part where he said he thought Notts would have gone on to win the game if it had gone to 2-2.

Ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Truthful View Post

"It was a good goal.

That was in relation to the first ball forward, there was another offside seconds later in the same move involving the lad who scored the 4th which was slightly easier to spot and was almost in front of the linesman.

We played crap and deserved to lose. Playing well for 10min is not good enough, The game is played over 90mins.. The best team on the night won regardless of the wrong decisions.

My vote is we'd have won the tie. It would have been 1-0 on aggregate so even if you got two early goals like you did it would only have been 2-1 to you then we scored, then scored again but it wasn't given, that would have made it 3-2 to us and there would have only been one winner and that's even if it had been 3-3 nevermind 3-2. Anyway can't believe we're still going on about the decisions, even I left it alone 5 days ago ha ha. Life's too short and next season beckons. If Truthful starts yet another thread about it then we know his game.

COYP

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    We played crap and deserved to lose. Playing well for 10min is not good enough, The game is played over 90mins.. The best team on the night won regardless of the wrong decisions.
    You seem to have fallen into the same trap as the Coventry fans who seemed to think it was a figure skating competition rather than a football match. Football matches aren't decided by judges holding up a board with a mark for who looked the prettiest, they are completely, utterly, totally decided on who scores most goals. If Coventry are so brilliant in their stylish attacking play, and Notts are nothing more than a predictable, one dimensional hoofball team, tell me how we managed to gain more points than them and score more goals than them over the 46 game season? I'll answer it for you - it's because Coventry have a soft underbelly. For all their chances, if you take away the refereeing errors they weren't good enough to beat us fairly. We have often looked second best in games but still gained points because we are battlers. On a level playing field our grit and never-say-die attitude would have been a match for their pretty football, whatever the figure skating judges like you might say. Their soft underbelly was simply well-protected by three appalling decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    You seem to have fallen into the same trap as the Coventry fans who seemed to think it was a figure skating competition rather than a football match. Football matches aren't decided by judges holding up a board with a mark for who looked the prettiest, they are completely, utterly, totally decided on who scores most goals. If Coventry are so brilliant in their stylish attacking play, and Notts are nothing more than a predictable, one dimensional hoofball team, tell me how we managed to gain more points than them and score more goals than them over the 46 game season? I'll answer it for you - it's because Coventry have a soft underbelly. For all their chances, if you take away the refereeing errors they weren't good enough to beat us fairly. We have often looked second best in games but still gained points because we are battlers. On a level playing field our grit and never-say-die attitude would have been a match for their pretty football, whatever the figure skating judges like you might say. Their soft underbelly was simply well-protected by three appalling decisions.
    If you think we deserved to win that game then you are more stupid than i thought. We couldnt string 2 passes together, we hardly won any of the headers via our hoof ball and we never picked any of their players up when they were on the offensive. I suppose you think thats acceptable after reading some of your drivell..

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast