+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: lets have a quick vote

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    F*cking hell, yet another fan of figure skating! Being "second best virtually all night" only ends in defeat if the opposition are good enough to take advantage. Without being gifted three goals, Coventry just weren't good enough. If the officiating had been competent the Forte goal would have put us 3-2 up. Deserved or not, that would have been the match situation.
    You do talk some tripe! What has figure skating got to with it? It is not about points for technical merit - it is entirely about footballing ability, application & effectiveness. Coventry were able to control the ball and dictate the pace of the game, they walked through our defence at will.

The myth that at 2 - 2 we would have gone on to win it is pure speculation. As Sidders says, or paraphrases, "... the rest is just gossip". Look at the papers, read the match report. We got turned over, hanging on to errors by officials will get you nowhere, it simply masks our inadequacies and failure to turn up on the night. Clinging on to the forlorn hope that the referee or assts beat us is complete and utter fantasy & delusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Pies4u View Post
    You do talk some tripe! What has figure skating got to with it? It is not about points for technical merit - it is entirely about footballing ability, application & effectiveness.
    To use your own phrase, what a load of tripe. In fact, make that a load of laughable tripe. You say "It is not about points for technical merit" but then base your argument entirely on the basis of technical merit!!! Football matches are won by the team that scores most goals. What part of that are you struggling to understand? The key word in your sentence is effectiveness. It's a quality we have displayed in most games this season despite not playing the 'pretty' football that you seem obsessed with. We all know we weren't good on Friday, but without the errors from officials we would have been 3-2 up when Forte scored. True or false?

The myth that at 2 - 2 we would have gone on to win it is pure speculation.
    Of course it's a myth, and I've never mentioned or supported it once. It would have still been anyone's game. But you can't deny that the refereeing errors denied us the chance to make it our game. Can you?

Look at the papers, read the match report.
    Just to play Devil's Advocate here, pretty much every report I have seen also notes that were clear victims of poor officiating.

On the evidence of play, Coventry are the better footballing side, and by better I mean more attractive.
    On the evidence of the league table, the sole purpose of which is to rank teams into order from best to worst, Notts were the better team over the season, and by better I mean most effective.

The above two facts show that the style of football isn't always a good indicator of the effectiveness of a team. And in a way, this was reflected in the two legs.

In the first leg, Coventry dominated the first half and could have gone in 2-0 up, but they didn't - 0-0. We came on strong in the second half and got the goal. Without the penalty, I couldn't personally see Coventry getting an equaliser, but who knows.

In the second leg, Coventry battered us and could have gone in 0-4 up, but they didn't and we got a goal back - 1-2. In the second half, Notts again came on strong again and equalised, only for it to be ruled out unfairly. At that point, I felt confident that we would go on to win, but who knows.

The way we played shouldn't really come into it - it's about goals, not style. I have gone into half time at pretty much every home game this season wondering how the hell we are near the top of the table, only for us to go out and win the game. At the end of the day, we will never know what would have happened if the ref got the decisions right, but I would say that the tie had swung in our favour when Forte scored.

I can't put it any clearer than that. If you Coventry fans still want to continue this, feel free, but you've got an important game on Monday! Hey, if you win, you can come back on here and do some more gloating! Something to look forward to, eh?

You do talk some tripe! What has figure skating got to with it? It is not about points for technical merit - it is entirely about footballing ability, application & effectiveness. Coventry were able to control the ball and dictate the pace of the game, they walked through our defence at will.

The myth that at 2 - 2 we would have gone on to win it is pure speculation. As Sidders says, or paraphrases, "... the rest is just gossip". Look at the papers, read the match report. We got turned over, hanging on to errors by officials will get you nowhere, it simply masks our inadequacies and failure to turn up on the night. Clinging on to the forlorn hope that the referee or assts beat us is complete and utter fantasy & delusion.
    Please stop talking common sense....you will only upset our resident troll even more......the majority of us could see where we were outclassed....time to move on methinks?

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    If you think we deserved to win that game then you are more stupid than i thought. We couldnt string 2 passes together, we hardly won any of the headers via our hoof ball and we never picked any of their players up when they were on the offensive. I suppose you think thats acceptable after reading some of your drivell..
    a new low from Durham....
    notts coming back from two nil down , the full stadium bouncing and turning up the noise another notch , Coventry demoralised and unable to get out their own half ( as they were already struggling to do), ........ well there would have only been one winner from this scenario ,
    all this until their men of the match turned the game on its head with some awful decisions ......

Quote Originally Posted by Cov1 View Post
    Was funny to be fair...

But we had the last laugh ah? 🤭
    Have I missed a week ? Have the mighty Cov been promoted ?

Durham - you are right. I sat listening to a couple of people who thought we were "robbed". However, most people - particularly the discerning and less blinkered fans - accepted we were second best virtually all night and there was only ever going to be 1 winner on Friday night irrespective if any refereeing decisions. Our defence was clumsy and "leaky", the midfield until O'C appeared was non existent and the forwards were hopelessly ineffective. He was a beacon of light but was unable to compensate for some of the inept dross that surrounded him.

We had a bright spell for 10/15 mins at the start of the second half then ran out of steam and ideas again. Coventry were, quite simply, miles more composed, assured and clinical, end of story really.
    I sat listening to loads of people who say we were robbed but unlike you didn't have a referendum on it, dominating for 40 mins in the first half leaves 50+ left and as we dominated the first 20 of the second and Coventry were wilting with their crowd quiet who knows what would have happened at 2-2. We aren't talking about 1 iffy decision it was 4 over the 2 games all against us.

At 2-2 we were favourites to go on and win the game (in my opinion, John Colemans opinion and most other people that understand football and how well we've done at home this season), we had all the momentum and were in complete control of the game, Coventry hadn't been in our final third at all until they scored their offside goal and effectively killed the game off with assistance from the referees. At that point they once again took control and dominated the rest of the game because our chances were null and void and we threw everyone forward. It's not difficult to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Please stop talking common sense....you will only upset our resident troll even more......the majority of us could see where we were outclassed.
    Hmmm, so we were outclassed 3-3. Losing 8-1 at Swansea was being outclassed.

Although I suppose you've always struggled a bit with numbers - would that 'majority' be 37% of you?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast