+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: lets have a quick vote

Quote Originally Posted by Truthful View Post
    How many of you actually believe that the ONLY reason you lost that game was the referee and his decisions?

No wishy washy "might have beens" etc- how many people think that the only, single reason you lost was the referee?
    Not me. I can’t speak for the first leg as I did not watch it but in the second leg we were not good enough for the first half up and till we scored the goal. By this point you were 2-0 up. We should have avoided conceding a goal for as long as possible and not 6 minutes into the game as it put us on the back foot from the start.

Second half we had it in us and dominated up and till our equaliser was disallowed for being off side when it wasn’t. Had that goal stood I think it would have lifted us massively and demoralised your players as you would have then gone from being 2-0 up to 2-2. So the momentum would have been with us, and with the crowd awoken I think we could have took the game to extra time or win it.

The three key referring decisions, the penalty at the Ricoh, the disallowed equaliser and your goal that stood that was offside were big decisions that cost us dearly, but were not the sole reason. We also had a number of chances to tackle your player for your third goal. The fourth took a deflection.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC Dan View Post
    4 - Wrong decision by the ref to allow the game to go ahead at our place. Should never of played on such a dreadful pitch. Not for that pitch wed of been out of sight by HT 1st leg.
    Right, so if it hadn't have rained, you would have had the tie won by half time.

Do you also believe in Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy?

And I've seen LOADS of your fans moaning about the referee. He was the same bad referee for both teams.
    Ah so we were also given a free penalty and allowed to score a goal whilst being offside twice? Did you score a perfectly good goal that was disallowed too? Surely you must have if the referee was equally bad for both sides?

Bottom line is, you were out thought, out fought, out played, out sung and played a style of football that is out of date.
    Out thought? I'd say Nolan changing the game at half time with his substitution was the biggest evidence of a team doing any "thinking" during the game and it lead to us making the game 2-2. Out fought? Are we not the big physical thugs that don't play football? Surely not? Out played? Sure for the first half of both games, well done, with competent officiating that would have earned you a 1-0 loss at home and we would have been 3-2 up on aggregate at Meadow Lane, you'd not had a kick of the ball in the second half until the ball was "hoofed" over the top to an offside Biamou... Out sung? Certainly not at the Ricoh, you boys didn't make a peep of sound until you equalised with 5 minutes to go and in the second leg you were always going to make more noise with an early goal and did so until we got back in the game by pulling one back, after the two linesmen took over there was nothing to sing about as they'd ended the game as a contest.

And as for our "out of date" football, that would be the football that let us finish above you in the league and had us above you for most of the season? The football that should have earned us a victory at your ground in the first leg and did earn a victory against you in the league at home? The same football on display with the passing move that ended with the finish of the tie when Forte backheeled it in. As said elsewhere, I've not seen a keeper kick the ball out of his hands and get as much distance on it as Burge was doing at Meadow Lane since Kasper Schmeichel was here and yet you lot seem to think you play tiki taka? You should open your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by DelroyFacey22 View Post
    I've not seen a keeper kick the ball out of his hands and get as much distance on it as Burge was doing at Meadow Lane since Kasper Schmeichel was here and yet you lot seem to think you play tiki taka? You should open your eyes.
    But you seem to be ignoring the FACT that we would have been 16-0 down at half time if it hadn't rained in Coventry.

Must admit I hadn't realised it either until CCFC Dan pointed it out.

If only the Ricoh had a roof, they'd be title contenders in the Premiership

Quote Originally Posted by DelroyFacey22 View Post
    If only the Ricoh had a roof, they'd be contenders in the Champions League.
    Corrected that for you. Coventry make Barcelona look one-dimensional.

If Nolan hadnt have ballsed up in the tranfere window and persisted in playing his two lead footed goal shy strikers, then we MAY well have gone up automatically. And all of these ifs and buts about the ref would not be taking place..

And I've seen LOADS of your fans moaning about the referee. He was the same bad referee for both teams. Bottom line is, you were out thought, out fought, out played, out sung and played a style of football that is out of date. You didn't deserve to win. Even if you had won AND pulled off a miracle at Wembley, L1 would of chewed you up and deposited you back into L2 next season anyway!
    Again only an opinion, and going on about the pitch? It was the same for both teams and it is who adapts better that is part and parcel of football. You play better football but you didn't win on skill you won because the officials cocked up plain and simple.
    You keep going on about the season in general but we were obviously the better team over 46 games because we finished above you. Nice football doesn't always win games.

This season we proved we were most definitely NOT going to win anything with ***y football. We were a team that would quite happily invite pressure from our opponents which in turn gives the impression we were being overrun. In fact in most cases, certainly in the first half of the season it played out very much like a boxing match where Notts soaked up all the early punches before finishing strong once the opposition had pretty much worn themselves out.

Coventry fans on here shouldn't flatter themselves, we made nearly everyone in league 2 look good at some point during this season, it's just the way we were. Good luck in the final, I think you're going to need it but to be honest I won't be watching, I'll be mowing my lawn, dreaming of another season of unfashionable hoofball upsetting the self indulgent glory hunting fans of clubs like Coventry who seem to have forgotten they are plying their trade in the bowels of the EFL's colon. Get used to it boys, I know I have, no malice intended.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    self indulgent glory hunting fans of clubs like Coventry who seem to have forgotten they are plying their trade in the bowels of the EFL's colon. Get used to it boys, I know I have, no malice intended.
    Tbf I can’t argue as I would be watching the final if it didn’t involve my team and it’s supposed to be a lovely day so best off in the garden anyway fella!

One thing that did actually make me laugh out loud was the glory hunting fans comment. We are Coventry City mate, we have barely had Glory in the 40 years I’ve been on this earth following them

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast