Quote Originally Posted by Truthful View Post
How many of you actually believe that the ONLY reason you lost that game was the referee and his decisions?

No wishy washy "might have beens" etc- how many people think that the only, single reason you lost was the referee?
Not me. I can’t speak for the first leg as I did not watch it but in the second leg we were not good enough for the first half up and till we scored the goal. By this point you were 2-0 up. We should have avoided conceding a goal for as long as possible and not 6 minutes into the game as it put us on the back foot from the start.

Second half we had it in us and dominated up and till our equaliser was disallowed for being off side when it wasn’t. Had that goal stood I think it would have lifted us massively and demoralised your players as you would have then gone from being 2-0 up to 2-2. So the momentum would have been with us, and with the crowd awoken I think we could have took the game to extra time or win it.

The three key referring decisions, the penalty at the Ricoh, the disallowed equaliser and your goal that stood that was offside were big decisions that cost us dearly, but were not the sole reason. We also had a number of chances to tackle your player for your third goal. The fourth took a deflection.