+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: lets have a quick vote

Quote Originally Posted by Coventry_fan View Post
    Tbf I can’t argue as I would be watching the final if it didn’t involve my team and it’s supposed to be a lovely day so best off in the garden anyway fella!

One thing that did actually make me laugh out loud was the glory hunting fans comment. We are Coventry City mate, we have barely had Glory in the 40 years I’ve been on this earth following them
    Point taken but it's not the likes of you I was really aiming it at. Why would all these fans who have been allegedly protesting SISU suddenly appear again when there's a sniff of success and something to celebrate. It's a tough one I know but it just stinks of double standards. Equally, it's the same across all of football and Notts are no exception. Enjoy your day mate and don't trip over your "potential" banner!

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    This season we proved we were most definitely NOT going to win anything with ***y football. We were a team that would quite happily invite pressure from our opponents which in turn gives the impression we were being overrun. In fact in most cases, certainly in the first half of the season it played out very much like a boxing match where Notts soaked up all the early punches before finishing strong once the opposition had pretty much worn themselves out.
    An excellent summary and one I agree with 100%. We rarely dominated games, and our style of play maybe wasn't for the purists, but most of the time we maximised the tools at our disposal. We fought, we battled, we made it hard for the opposition to play. Who is to say that's less deserving of points than a pretty passing team who don't take their chances and show less guts than we did in the later stages of games? I'm getting a bit bored with those who judge a game on artistic impression rather than goals scored. As I said before, if that's your criteria then go and watch figure skating instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    An excellent summary and one I agree with 100%. We rarely dominated games, and our style of play maybe wasn't for the purists, but most of the time we maximised the tools at our disposal. We fought, we battled, we made it hard for the opposition to play. Who is to say that's less deserving of points than a pretty passing team who don't take their chances and show less guts than we did in the later stages of games? I'm getting a bit bored with those who judge a game on artistic impression rather than goals scored. As I said before, if that's your criteria then go and watch figure skating instead.
    Glad you agree Elite, mind you, you do realise I swing slightly to the right don’t you.

Glad you agree Elite, mind you, you do realise I swing slightly to the right don’t you.
    I knew there would be something I could argue with!

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I knew there would be something I could argue with!
    That’s more like it!

Enjoy your day mate and don't trip over your "potential" banner!
    Thanks but the only ‘potential’ we have is to sell our better player to line sisu’s pockets or their next court case mate. Hence why we want to see the back of them.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567