+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: lets have a quick vote

lets have a quick vote

How many of you actually believe that the ONLY reason you lost that game was the referee and his decisions?

No wishy washy "might have beens" etc- how many people think that the only, single reason you lost was the referee?

Quote Originally Posted by Truthful View Post
    How many of you actually believe that the ONLY reason you lost that game was the referee and his decisions?

No wishy washy "might have beens" etc- how many people think that the only, single reason you lost was the referee?
    I don't. I believe the assistant was more guilty in the second leg, although the referee has to shoulder the blame for the first leg - and I don't necessarily mean Duffy's first leg.

Therefore I slightly amend.

How many of you believe that the ONLY reason you lost was the officiating?

Well, factually it was a draw. No idea what would have happened if extra time had ensued, or penalties. (Yes I am indeed stringing you along)

thats fine

Just interested to see what the consensus is amongst you

I don't, I believe there were THREE reasons we lost the game.

1. Wrong decision by ref to award you a penalty at your place.
    2. Wrong decision by JS side lino to rule out the Forte 'goal'.
    3. Wrong decision by DP side lino to allow your third goal.

Correct decisions would have meant a 3-3 aggregate. You can't lose 3-3. After that it's unfortunately back to wishy washy "might have beens". Either side could have gone on to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I don't, I believe there were THREE reasons we lost the game.

1. Wrong decision by ref to award you a penalty at your place.
    2. Wrong decision by JS side lino to rule out the Forte 'goal'.
    3. Wrong decision by DP side lino to allow your third goal.

Correct decisions would have meant a 3-3 aggregate. You can't lose 3-3. After that it's unfortunately back to wishy washy "might have beens". Either side could have gone on to win.
    Nonsense. The game wouldn’t have followed the exact path if some of those controversial decisions had been given. Let’s not forget your defender should have gone for putting his head into Mcnulty following a harmless push.

Quote Originally Posted by Cov1 View Post
    Nonsense. The game wouldn’t have followed the exact path if some of those controversial decisions had been given. Let’s not forget your defender should have gone for putting his head into Mcnulty following a harmless push.
    Yes and lets not forget Davies should have been sent off in the first game !

In answer to the question nobody can answer it and be 100% sure but one thing I do know is at 2-2 we have a better chance than at 2-1 down haha

Anyway enjoy your day at Wembley as I said last week no grudge towards Coventry I hope you go up.

I think it played a major part, if we'd left the Ricoh with a 0-1, had our second goal stood, we'd have actually been in front in the tie.

The fact that the goal wasn't given, changed the dynamic, Cov then scored a third which was offside twice in the same move.

We can't say that it was the only reason but the officiating was an absolute, major contributor to the result, any neutral would surely accept that?

Quote Originally Posted by Cov1 View Post
    I didn't even mention the red card offence Davies got away with on 21 minutes in the first leg. And I didn't even mention the fact that the Forte goal would have put us 3-2 ahead. Do you seriously think we would have pushed a centre back up front leaving ourselves exposed to the counter if that had been the situation?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast