+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Heaton and Tarkowski departing for Anfield...

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I don't think there's any amount of money will keep a player at Burnley if a top 6 club really want to sign him. All we can do is ensure we get the going rate for Tarko, Arsenal paid £35m for Mustafi two years ago, City paid £48m for Stones two years ago, Liverpool have just paid £75m for Van Dijk. I think we could start talking at between £50 and £60 million, I wouldn't answer the phone for any less.
    Sinkov Transfermarkt say his value on Jan 2 2018 was £5.4m. Itwould be amazing to get so much, though that won’t reflect his international status. A new one is due soon and it could double his value. Usually 3 times the value is what we have had for Keane and others. I think Pickford went for more.
    However we don’t need to sell so I guess the question will be how much he wants to leave. The WC may mess up things if he gets in the squad and may put his value up more. Would we do a Dale Stephens on him?

A figure has already been placed on Tarkowski - £50 million.

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp is targeting one of two English centre-backs this summer, Newcastle's Jamaal Lascelles, 24, or Burnley's James Tarkowski, 25. (Independent)

But Lascelles says he has no intention of leaving Newcastle, saying it is the "happiest" he's been. (Northern Echo)

Wonder if Tarks feels the same ?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    A figure has already been placed on Tarkowski - £50 million.
    Is Sinkov really Sean!

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    Sinkov Transfermarkt say his value on Jan 2 2018 was £5.4m. Itwould be amazing to get so much, though that won’t reflect his international status. A new one is due soon and it could double his value. Usually 3 times the value is what we have had for Keane and others. I think Pickford went for more.

Without going over it again OC, I think the TM value is completely irrelevant in this case. Tarko is now in a similar position to Stones two years ago, a youngish, footballing CB, still relatively inexperienced at the top level, but with huge potential, and he went for £48 million. Two years on we're not realistically going to start talking for less, despite what TM says.

Merseyside rumour mill suggests that both of our defensive lynchpins could be heading west down the M62...

Klippity Klopp.
    That means we will probably beat them next year?

Pope replaces Heaton and someone else will replace Tarks.

Good management.

It reminds me of keeping Grey in the team until sold for a ridiculous amount.

I quite like the transfer game

[QUOTE=blueheeler1;38898675]That means we will probably beat them next year?

...and someone else will replace Tarks.../QUOTE]

How about Keane from Everton, he might fancy a move to a more succesful club playing in Europe?

Quote Originally Posted by blueheeler1 View Post
    That means we will probably beat them next year?

Pope replaces Heaton and someone else will replace Tarks.

Good management.

It reminds me of keeping Grey in the team until sold for a ridiculous amount.

I quite like the transfer game

I think SD does too!

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp is targeting one of two English centre-backs this summer, Newcastle's Jamaal Lascelles, 24, or Burnley's James Tarkowski, 25. (Independent)

But Lascelles says he has no intention of leaving Newcastle, saying it is the "happiest" he's been. (Northern Echo)

Wonder if Tarks feels the same ?
    Marko Grujic might be coming our way in P/X plus a bag of dosh.

Marko Grujic might be coming our way in P/X plus a bag of dosh.
    Sounds OK to me, for some reason Klopp doesn't seem to fancy him, but Sean will turn him into a star. Right age as well.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)