+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Heaton and Tarkowski departing for Anfield...

It’s gone very quiet on Ben, no rumours for ages except he said he wanted £80k a week two weeks ago with Spurs and Arsenal supposedly last interested in March. Maybe clubs want to see him playing. If so Europe is timed nicely.

No mention of Ben here.
    Mauricio Pochettino has signed a new five-year deal worth £42.5m after receiving the green light for a summer of spending.

The Argentinean will now step up plans to land Manchester United forward Anthony Martial, Ajax centre-back Matthijs de Ligt and Fulham's rising-star wide-man Ryan Sessegnon.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...wants-12592432

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post

For all his brilliant attributes, Sean is not a magician.
    Hmmm, I think he is 59/60. I don't think anyone in football would have thought it possible for Burnley to finish 7th in the PL and qualify for Europe this season, but we have. And it's been done without replacing Keane, and with injuries to Defour, Brady, Ward, Wood, Mee, Lowton, Arfield and Heaton all disrupting and continually weakening the team Sean could put out.

He's literally done the impossible this season, and that's magic.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Hmmm, I think he is 59/60...He's literally done the impossible this season, and that's magic.
    I suspect we all agree that SD is currently our biggest asset and the best thing about this summer is that with Arsenal having settled on their new manager, there's no question of him leaving in the short term: He gets the Europa League here and in answer to the comment about money topping loyalty, we've got the funds to match/better any financial offer from elsewhere and unlike paying a big-money player, we can up SD's salary if needs be without any knock-on effect to the rest of the playing-squad's wages.

Re: Centre-backs, if Tarks & Mee go I seriously think we should enquire at Everton about Keane; he's nt been even half the player for them that he was here.

I can see this Heaton/Tarks to Liverpool rumour having some legs, both are Northerners. Liverpool are on the verge of giving City a run for their money next season, to do that they need a deeper squad. They need a solid ‘keepr, Heaton ticks that box, considering he’s not sure of a #1 job next season. Tarks’ stock has never been higher and may be looking for a much larger paycheck. Tarks/van Dijk would make formidable CB combination for ‘Pool. With a possibility of Ben Mee ‘leaving the building’ may place Burnley in a spot of bother, to say the least. The danger here is Burnley turning into a Southampton, grooming players, then selling for massive profits?

Slippery slope ahead..............I hope not!

Quote Originally Posted by exilecanada View Post

Slippery slope ahead..............I hope not!
    I hope not as well Exile, not yet anyway. But when a club with such limited resources as ours is 7th in the PL, even with the best manager in the league, realistically there's only one way we're going, and it won't be top six.

After that Karius shambles in the CL Final, I think Heatons’ value to Liverpool just doubled, if not tripled.

They seem to be going after Alisson from Roma for £62m with 4 others on the short list if that one falls through, if they come for Tom I would be starting at £35m now we know they are desperate for a keeper and are willing to pay top dollar.

If Tom was in the Liverpool squad last night they could have won that match.How much is that worth-tad more than 35m I think.

Funny old game isn't it, Tom can't get a game, while a keeper who isn't fit to carry his gloves, plays in a Champions League Final.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)