+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Heaton and Tarkowski departing for Anfield...

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Sounds OK to me, for some reason Klopp doesn't seem to fancy him, but Sean will turn him into a star. Right age as well.
    I think Grujic would do really well with us, if Klopp is serious about Tarkowski we could do a nice bit of business here. West Ham fancy Tarks as well and all the time his value is increasing!

I would prefer to keep him at the Turf though!

Do what we are good at and sell them for a big profit while the going is good.. Sean will have a back up plan should we sell them..

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I think Grujic would do really well with us, if Klopp is serious about Tarkowski we could do a nice bit of business here. West Ham fancy Tarks as well and all the time his value is increasing!

Now cited as being valued at £30m
    http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/05/24...snub-west-ham/

My Cardiff City supporting friend says Grujic is not brilliant but he is hard working.

Quote Originally Posted by barrie_burn View Post
    My Cardiff City supporting friend says Grujic is not brilliant but he is hard working.
    Suit us then!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post

So would I, but if he goes, he goes. I don't worry about us losing any player any more, we've lost plenty of good players over the last few years but it hasn't made any difference, none have halted or even slowed our progress. There's only one man we need to keep at Turf Moor, and he doesn't even play for us.

loyalty - goes as far as....this ?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    So would I, but if he goes, he goes. I don't worry about us losing any player any more, we've lost plenty of good players over the last few years but it hasn't made any difference, none have halted or even slowed our progress. There's only one man we need to keep at Turf Moor, and he doesn't even play for us.
    I really hate agreeing with you sinkov...

This would worry me greatly.

If we lost Heaton, Tarks and Mee then it would be a hell of a job for us to be anyway near as solid at the back as we are currently.

It would mean that we would need THREE top quality central defenders in. And because of our early start and the World Cup we do not have much time bed them in adequately.

It has been demonstrated that for players to play how Sean wants them to takes a long time.

Losing Mee or Tarks would be a blow. to lose them both would be very serious.

For all his brilliant attributes, Sean is not a magician.

A TEC "source" tells me that Charlie Taylor is doing a Mee and being converted into a left sided centre back.

If that works, Joe Bryan can push Wardy at left back and the job is a good 'un.

I also expect Craig Dawson to turn up at Turf Moor's front door sometime pretty soon...

Heaton, Mee and Tarkowski exiting = £80 million and old habits die hard.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)