+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: My view of the final run in 2018

My view of the final run in 2018

Watching that on Saturday, the conclusion that i came to after half an hour was that in the first half, half time could not come quick enough, so that Nolan could sort it out giving them a good rollocking and instructions how to cope with the opponents.
    its not the first time i have thought this, things went astray like this from Lincoln away onwards,
    chucking Noble, and two inexperienced players into the fray was a mistake, none of them have as the season proven to be worth their place, for the final run in. what we need is someone who could have commanded the team onfield, a Don Masson if you like, a captain that is a real leader, someone who can see mistakes and annul them
    ,it was no good treading water until O'Conner was fit.
    and waiting for further instruction, when it was going wrong from the kick off.
    we began the season with TEN players listed who were midfielders or were capable of playing there.
    the Major mistake as the year went on was the shortage of Attacking forwards having to rely on our
    the top goalscorer.....Jorge Grant a loan player, shouldn't our top goalscorer have been a Notts County player?.
    Amiobi proved to be a past it, when it comes to 90 mins, and i can only think its the old pals act with Smith being let loose as superb sub, a position and title he ineffectively never commanded ,
    was he supposed to be the last minute Captain that we so desperate needed?
    another major effect on team and results......Yates another loan player leaving,
    the difference in the team between two Saturdays Brentford Away, and Lincoln Away was astounding, with the Three rookies in we lost our way.
    But all this could have been avoided, as i said Time and Again we needed on-field direction, and to me it was a crying Shame, that Nolan who registered as a player, did not intervene, A tactical self substitution after it started to go tits up in the first half, and even un-subbing himself at half time could have worked wonders on Saturday evening, not just in this game, by others, especially The embarrassing Swansea away game. i did feel sorry for the travelling fans.
    Last edited by feeb; 21-05-2018 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by feeb View Post
    Watching that on Saturday, the conclusion that i came to after half an hour was that in the first half, half time could not come quick enough, so that Nolan could sort it out giving them a good rollocking and instructions how to cope with the opponents.
    its not the first time i have thought this, things went astray like this from Lincoln away onwards,
    chucking Noble, and two inexperienced players into the fray was a mistake, none of them have as the season proven to be worth their place, for the final run in. what we need is someone who could have commanded the team onfield, a Don Masson if you like, a captain that is a real leader, someone who can see mistakes and annul them
    ,it was no good treading water until O'Conner was fit.
    and waiting for further instruction, when it was going wrong from the kick off.
    we began the season with TEN players listed who were midfielders or were capable of playing there.
    the Major mistake as the year went on was the shortage of Attacking forwards having to rely on our
    the top goalscorer.....Jorge Grant a loan player, shouldn't our top goalscorer have been a Notts County player?.
    Amiobi proved to be a past it, when it comes to 90 mins, and i can only think its the old pals act with Smith being let loose as superb sub, a position and title he ineffectively never commanded ,
    was he supposed to be the last minute Captain that we so desperate needed?
    another major effect on team and results......Yates another loan player leaving,
    the difference in the team between two Saturdays Brentford Away, and Lincoln Away was astounding, with the Three rookies in we lost our way.
    But all this could have been avoided, as i said Time and Again we needed on-field direction, and to me it was a crying Shame, that Nolan who registered as a player, did not intervene, A tactical self substitution after it started to go tits up in the first half, and even un-subbing himself at half time could have worked wonders on Saturday evening, not just in this game, by others, especially The embarrassing Swansea away game. i did feel sorry for the travelling fans.
    Where were you watching it on Saturday are you overseas and when did we play Brentford?

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    when did we play Brentford?
    6th Jan 2018, followed by Lincoln on the 13th.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    6th Jan 2018, followed by Lincoln on the 13th.
    Cheers EP I was in NZ at the time.

Where were you watching it on Saturday are you overseas and when did we play Brentford?
    Arguably just before the wheel on our wheelbarrow got a slow leak?.....the wheel tumbled off the tumbrel v Swansea...hahaha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fDs27U3AzY

Cheers EP I was in NZ at the time.
    I have also "lost" the occasional weekend....I'm blaming the ale personally

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    I have also "lost" the occasional weekend....I'm blaming the ale personally

I think you have lost the occasional month Tarqs