+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gary Rowett - could you care less?.....

The way I see it is like this. As manager, he owes the club the same loyalty as it owes him. If things had gone badly, or if next season starts badly, Mel would have no hesitation in firing him.

So now the boot is on the other foot, I can quite understand him wanting to feather his nest by moving jobs. More job security, probably more salary, more funds to build the squad. What's not to like.

So, DCFCA, I don't know what job you do, but if someone came along and offered you greater security and money, and you had been fired by previous employers, what would you do? Turn down the pay rise, or "have the conversation".

It's easy to criticise and forget that managers, players etc need to look after number 1. The Club would dump him like a shot if results warranted, so why slag him off and call his conduct disgusting when he does the same thing.

He said "I love the club" in January and got a pay rise

Now he's scarpering

And this isn't rubbish paid jobs we're talking about, the bloke is on millions a year and would get his contract paid up in full if we sacked him 4 months down the line..... the blokes a rat bast ard and that's all there is to it.

It's already been pointed out that there is no loyalty on either side.

I'd hoped he'd stay but he's asked to talk to them so either he goes or if he doesn't we know it won't take much to turn his head.

He's gone now either way..... Time to move on

Rumour out of the club is that Rowett is a done deal and just arguing over back room staff.

Most likely replacement Mick McCarthy

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post
    What we do next makes zero difference anyway, we are in

a mess financially and haven't got a pot to pi** in, so we might as well just take a punt on Wassall and ask him to bring the youth players through, if that means relegation to league 1 then so be it, we might have enough about us to sit mid table next season which right now would be heaven.
    Dcfc Agree with you Rowett has gone down in my estimation But please please not Wassall were better than that There are still some good Championship players at the club All we need is good Championship manager U would use £1.8 million compo for Rowett and get to Preston and get Alex Neil he's not the type to need large sums of money He's not afraid to use a few youngsters His football is exciting and he stands no crap In top of that he's successful If we have Wassall I can see us doing a Sunderland even needed Rednapp with him last time ,

Alex Neill is a decent shout

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    The way I see it is like this. As manager, he owes the club the same loyalty as it owes him. If things had gone badly, or if next season starts badly, Mel would have no hesitation in firing him.

So now the boot is on the other foot, I can quite understand him wanting to feather his nest by moving jobs. More job security, probably more salary, more funds to build the squad. What's not to like.

So, DCFCA, I don't know what job you do, but if someone came along and offered you greater security and money, and you had been fired by previous employers, what would you do? Turn down the pay rise, or "have the conversation".

It's easy to criticise and forget that managers, players etc need to look after number 1. The Club would dump him like a shot if results warranted, so why slag him off and call his conduct disgusting when he does the same thing.
    Parky...he’s just signed a big improved contract ffs. Sure, if results had been bad early doors next season maybe he’d have possibly been sacked but he’d have been paid millions in compo because of the new contract he signed just four (4!) months ago, so don’t talk about needing more ‘job security’.
    We’re not talking about someone on ordinary money here, who perhaps needs to keep climbing the greasy pole. We’re talking about someone who’s already being paid a relative fortune, has repeatedly said how much he loves the club and, if I remember rightly, when Nigel Clough was made manager, suggested he’d have walked to Derby on his hands and knees just to be NC’s assistant.
    It’s all proved just as much bollux as Steve McClaren’s ‘this is the only club for me’ nonsense.
    I’m not ‘disgusted’ but I am ‘kin disappointed...I thought Derby County meant something to GR...turns out he seems very short on sincerity and to have been just another greedy b**tard.
    At the risk of sounding bitter and twisted - probably because, at this moment in time, I am - I hope Rowett’s Stoke City do a Sunderland and sink without trace next season...hopefully joined by Tufty’s QPR.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 21-05-2018 at 08:45 PM.

RA if it makes you feel any better we've had a power cut.

The football wasn't great by any stretch but he did the minimum in making the playoffs, so for that I thank him, but he's a dirty bast ard and Stoke should watch themselves with him, he's only got to get a slight whif of a £ more from another club and he'll be off like a rat up a drain pipe

Also, I think this explains our sudden slump in form just after Xmas, this was done months ago imo, its happened far to quickly for it not to have done.

If so that's twice the prem clubs (newcastle and now Stoke) have derailed our fuc king promotion push,,, horrible bast ards

Why stoke? Come on stokes squad is mostly aging players, they stand as much chance as Blackburn at winning league.

By the way my dad says “he went on saying derby was his dream job and turned down stoke for derby now he buggers off good riddance the traitor”

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)