+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gary Rowett - could you care less?.....

Gary Rowett - could you care less?.....

Provided we get someone better? To me managers are mercenaries just like players, they come and go, only the club itself and it’s fans remain constant.

Anyone?

Surely nobody will care less if we get someone better?

According to DCFC he's asked permission to speak to Stoke so, if he thinks the grass is greener etc etc, he can duck off. He is now person non gratis!!

Yes Andy i care because there are some players only at the club because they wanted to play for Rowett Thiink there's more to this than meets the eye Rowett has been slated unmercifull on social media about his style of football We've been
    here before with Clement has Mel let it be known he's not happy with his style Looks to me like Mel has listened to fa

Rowetts style of footy is awful to watch though! If you're not going to win anything I'd rather be watching better football. We can all call Mac but his results were the same as Rowett (Failure) but his teams did play more attractive football.

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    Rowetts style of footy is awful to watch though! If you're not going to win anything I'd rather be watching better football. We can all call Mac but his results were the same as Rowett (Failure) but his teams did play more attractive football.
    Mac’s first stint also provided the highest win ratio of any permanent manager in the clubs history. If only he had t been so greedy we could have been onto something back then

Rowett has gone down in my opinion

What he's done today is disgusting, to ask to speak to another club like this is a massive kick in the boll ocks imo, esp after all that cobblers he spouted in January

Good riddance

If it's down to style of play can we rule out McCarthy now?

Warnock won't be avaialble until Xmas

Moyes I don't rate

Allardyce wouldn't go anywhere without spending money and wouldn't want him anyway.

Would leave to see Gary Neville or Danny Murphy leave punditry and manage us but why would they? Similar Glenn Hoddle..... am probably aiming a little high here in any case?

Would not be a good time to be without a manager either WC year is a time coaches look to recruit value from the lesser known nations.

Back to potential appointments and clutching names out of thin air...

Slaven Bilic
    Claudio Ranieri
    Martin O'Neill

Needs a strong personality that's for sure!!

What we do next makes zero difference anyway, we are in a mess financially and haven't got a pot to pi** in, so we might as well just take a punt on Wassall and ask him to bring the youth players through, if that means relegation to league 1 then so be it, we might have enough about us to sit mid table next season which right now would be heaven.

If its someone outside the club it has to be Warburton surely?

He was big on youth at Forest, and that's what pretty much got him the sack? we haven't got the money now so we are pretty much forced down that route, and Warburton is big on youth and a certain style of play, which would be perfect for the situation we find ourselves in.

Should have never sacked Pearson though, that had to be the dumbest move by Mel of the lot.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)