+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bahoken

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    In fairness this one sounds a good'un. Wolves signed talent to get back up. We need to be looking at players for Championship after promotion otherwise we'll have a year on year rebuild.

I don't agree with GG drafting retained list or making signings but im keeping my powder dry.

How do we know a new boss isn't lined up?

Maybe he has got a HC lined up but it doesn't alter the facts that GG and others on the board sign players and expect the HC to get results. They must only factor in possible profit because the imbalance in our squad was obvious last summer. How many bleeding midfielders ffs? Shortage of strikers, no back up goalkeeper. Need i go on? Oh i forgot it was Heckys fault

Factors like balance and squad cohesion can bring the very best out of players, a thing that only non football men (and i use that term very loosely cos theyre evidently still boys) in suits will seldom realise. Signing individuals off a spread sheet is all well and good but hoping they will mould as a unit is bonkers. That part of football is the most difficult part and needs a single minded pro like Mick McCarthy who knows what he wants and the criteria of player to fill certain parts of the team. We are chucking a load of shyte at whoever is our head coach and saying gu on, crack on fella. Tha couldn't mek it up. This is gonna end up in disaster a tell thi nar.

Like You've got it in 1Pass

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Undeniable evidence who pulls the strings darn theear. Not only in signing folk but the retention list too. Head coach will be the fall guy yet again no doubt whilst goathair remains untouchable. It is what I suspected all along. People believe what they want to believe but this kind of thing confirms to us what's really happening. I have to say I'm not at all optimistic about next season or the season after or the season after that. Until either goathair fecks off or the club re-evaluate the situation and get professionals in to do the job properly we will struggle. Not being a doom monger here lads just realistic. Who knows? In the pub league we may get away with such ineptitude but as the championship goes we may as well forget it.
    I think I’ve been optimistic about an up and coming season a couple of times max since I’ve followed Barnsley so nothing new there

Stephane Bahoken. Another ex St.Mirren player. Was a bit of a waster in Paisley. Scored against PSG this season though. Would be surprised if he moved from top French League to League 1 in England. I have been wrong many, many times before though.

Quote Originally Posted by Paisleysaint View Post
    Stephane Bahoken. Another ex St.Mirren player. Was a bit of a waster in Paisley. Scored against PSG this season though. Would be surprised if he moved from top French League to League 1 in England. I have been wrong many, many times before though.
    Me too. Aston Villa, Udinese or Barnsley? Let me think? Can I sleep on it?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12