+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newcastle to sell Armstrong

Newcastle to sell Armstrong

According to the local rag up in Geordie land Newcastle are going to listen to cash offers on a few of their players including Adam Armstrong
    I hope we have first refusal and also the price is not out of our market
    Sadly I feel it will be above 3 million so instantly that puts us in doubt to secure his signature.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    According to the local rag up in Geordie land Newcastle are going to listen to cash offers on a few of their players including Adam Armstrong
    I hope we have first refusal and also the price is not out of our market
    Sadly I feel it will be above 3 million so instantly that puts us in doubt to secure his signature.

Lets do to Newcastle what Bournemouth did to us? Force through the transfer, unsettle the player at his parent club. Offer him good wages and push for a tribunal. We'd end up paying half of his value and would not have to pay a penny for him for at least 12 months. He simply isn't worth £3m.

They aren't going to use him anyway are they, he will only end up going out on loan again somewhere for another season.
    We had him on loan in our first season back in the Champship and his interest disappeared near the end when he knew he was going back to his parent club.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    They aren't going to use him anyway are they, he will only end up going out on loan again somewhere for another season.
    We had him on loan in our first season back in the Champship and his interest disappeared near the end when he knew he was going back to his parent club.
    How's things A? Sorry to hear your boys went down. Personally, that's about the closest team for me, after Leeds, so I was really hoping you stopped up. I guess you didn't show the fight you had in previous years? Him leaving mid season, to Leeds and the inferior man you brought in didn't help.

Re Armstrong ....he was absolutely crucial for one period last season. He was very dangerous and he looked a class above. Then around Easter we played MK Dons away. He scored 2, we won, then literally he did absolutely nothing in the remaining games. Some big ones aswell, he just didn't turn up and he was useless. Its a concern he dips that badly in form, and in no way is he worth £3m, for that exact reason. He will never kick a ball for Newcastle, so he needs to find a home and settle. Mowbray appears to be good at getting the best from him, but that was only Div1.

That is exactly the issue
    What is he going to be like at championship level?and how much are Newcastle going to want?
    This with the issue of how much is Tony Mowbray going to have to spend?
    In the next couple of weeks 2 out of the 3 will be answered.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    That is exactly the issue
    What is he going to be like at championship level?and how much are Newcastle going to want?
    This with the issue of how much is Tony Mowbray going to have to spend?
    In the next couple of weeks 2 out of the 3 will be answered.

That's the thing though Robin. If I know Mowbray, he will be making sure that NOTHING comes out of Ewood re what finances are on offer. If we go and tell the football world of our intentions, then the selling club of all these players we will have an interest in, will suddenly add a few ££ million to the asking price. That would be stupid. And Mowbray isn't that, we know that by now. It will be kept quiet, and what will be spent will have to be reviewed at the end.
    No matter what, some signings will be a success, some wont work out. If we do it right, like last season, then we stand a bigger chance of those players being a success. He simply isn't signing a footballer, he is signing s person, a young lad, and his personality will also be factored in.

While everyone kicks off about Conway being retained, its obvious that he is a great pro around the club. Very popular and is ***** to keeping the squad going. Plus he stayed and put in effort, when everyone else left. We have offered him a deal which is reducing his wages, if he gets a better offer, wages wise, I'd expect him to leave.

Agree 100 percent
    Since Tony Mowbray has managed us despite the hard to take relegation you can clearly see the shoots of recovery
    We are in safe hands with not only him at the helm but the staff HE has assembled
    The future is very blue and white.

To me, he's worth about £700,000 with a 25% sell on. Anything more than that, look elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    To me, he's worth about £700,000 with a 25% sell on. Anything more than that, look elsewhere.
    I think you may agree with me on this? But you know who I think could turn out better than Armstrong? Samuel ... I still think he will come good next season, and play right of the main striker. And he's with us already.
    I think no more than £1.5-2m for both Champman & Armstrong.

I am not sure I feel 2 million for both is wishful thinking but who knows a influential Mowbray and a willing club to sell and maybe we could get the pair of them for a snip.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)