+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Igor Stimac

Igor Stimac

Just saying.

Stan Collymore

Just saying

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Stan Collymore

Just saying
    You back on the Alvaston Park topic, Parky?

Paul Cook...just addin’.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    You back on the Alvaston Park topic, Parky?

Paul Cook...just addin’.
    Yes I thought the ra, didn’t know collymore liked bmx

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Just saying.
    Apparently on his Facebook page it says "maybe it's time to go home"

Quote Originally Posted by ManxRam View Post
    Apparently on his Facebook page it says "maybe it's time to go home"
    Is this anything more than romanticism?
    Again...has he done anything of note since his playing days ended?
    The best practitioners don’t always make the best teachers - Charlton, Todd and McFarland v Warnock, Pulis and the Bald Eagle - and he would bring with him one hell of an ego.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Is this anything more than romanticism?
    Again...has he done anything of note since his playing days ended?
    The best practitioners don’t always make the best teachers - Charlton, Todd and McFarland v Warnock, Pulis and the Bald Eagle - and he would bring with him one hell of an ego.
    Wenger played in the Austrian 3rd division and he wasn't a bad manager at Arsenal. Would have won more if he had been prepared to put the club into massive debt but all the available cash went on their new stadium. No way he would come here though.

Totally agree with rA about Igor.

I think Simmo would be a good shout. World Cup winning Manager and all that.......

I'd say it was no more than a heartfelt reach out MA.

Names being touted by fans appear to be those who squeeze that bit extra out of an ordinary looking side

Alex Neil
    Neil Harris
    Dean Smith

No disrespect to any of Preston, Millwall or Brentford but on paper how many of their players collectively would walk in to Derby's first XI?

I can't think of one from Millwall, a couple maybe at Preston and 3 or 4 at Brentford?
    Throw in to that mix Sheff Utd and we've covered the four sides that finished (just) below us.

We are a pretty big club with a brilliant infrastructure and strong fan base but with that comes expectation and a renowned trigger happy chairman. How attractive are we to prospective managers who are deemed suitable by the fans?

We've bought badly overall and extended contracts at inappropriate times.

Davies has been a revelation and Huddlestone, Ledley, Jerome and Nugent have all played cameo roles at some point though when those last 20mins come 4-5 players over 30 in a side that doesn't keep possession are going to suffer.

Was Lawrence at 7m a better buy than Ollie Watkins at 2m?

Was Jerome at 2m a better bet than Mitrovic on loan?

When was the last time we bought in a quality overseas player who had zero experience in England?

Albentosa went straight back, Abdul Camara the same.

When you drill in to things at PP it's all become very predictable and there are underlying fundamentals that if not addressed will result in the club going backwards.

One week ago I was mourning after a trip to Fulham but also enthused by the fact we looked like keeping a manager who loved the club and had the owner of the divisions golden boot..... reasons to be cheerful?

A week is a long time in football!

Good, well thought out piece Manx.

As I put in another post on here, the current situation is bad for DCFC.

Bad for the club in a PR sense.
    Bad for players who knew 2 or 3 days ago whether Rowett wanted to keep them or not but now are in limbo as they don't know if they fit the newbie's plans/style.
    Bad for the club as players will now be talking to their agents, asking them to get proactive because they have no idea whether they have a role at DCFC or not next season so better to go somewhere you know you are wanted right now.
    Bad for the fans, many of whom have bought ST's to follow Rowett's Rams next season not to mention the ammo this gives them from down the A52.

As for MM, who can argue with either of SM's sackings? We should also remember that, at the time of SM's 1st sacking in May of 2015, MM was a 22% shareholder and didn't own the club outright until September 2015......

Clement. We were still towards the top of the league when he was dismissed but football is a results and entertainment business. Clement had failed to entertain all season. Only the results stopped him being sacked earlier. When they turned sour added to the rumour mill, his time had come. We should also remember that MM gave Clement very specific KPI's when he arrived and had frequent meetings with him to see how he was stacking up against those same KPI's. The outcome was negative and Clement was frequently told buck up or you know the consequences.

Pearson. Poor football and average results. We all know the rumour and innuendo that did the rounds in the days prior to his sacking which all started with the cause of Idi's suspension and sacking and the fallout (in more ways than one) following that.

In all honesty, I don't think any of MMs sackings of managers have surprised me. If they had, I would agree with the trigger happy comments but they don't surprise me so I don 't agree MM is trigger happy.

Igor Stimac was a legend really, played great footy, good Captain and loved the club! Being the Rams manager and failing would spoil all that. As a Rams footballer I loved the bloke but as a manager it's a no no, apart from that what experience as a manager would he bring?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)