+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OT: Beating the benefit scroungers: how NOT to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by AltyPie View Post
    Do you think everyone in the UK who is able to work, wants to?
    Clearly they don't Alty but this brush has been used to tar all those on benefits and has split the 'working' class vote right down the middle

Quote Originally Posted by Airborn Pie View Post
    Clearly they don't Alty but this brush has been used to tar all those on benefits and has split the 'working' class vote right down the middle
    Yes, how to differentiate between the unwilling and the unable?
    It’s what the 1st category do when a benefit system is so generous that it satisfies the bottom two rungs on Maslow’s hierarchy without sanction that p’s many off.
    If they’re going to take my money under threat of prison, surely it’s the least I can ask that they don’t give it to folk who shouldn’t have it?

Yes, how to differentiate between the unwilling and the unable?
    It’s what the 1st category do when a benefit system is so generous that it satisfies the bottom two rungs on Maslow’s hierarchy without sanction that p’s many off.
    If they’re going to take my money under threat of prison, surely it’s the least I can ask that they don’t give it to folk who shouldn’t have it?
    I think that it's a common mistake that people assume that all levels of welfare are generous. They're not at all, yes people get rent paid so a roof over their head but in terms of available cash, I think you'll find that it's very frugal existence on the basic out of work benefits?

It's a fine balance to find, payments should be sufficiently generous that people on benefits through no fault of their own, have a reasonable standard of life however, how to weed out the others? You will always have an underclass that are happy to live on £5 a day for the rest of their lives if it means not working, pump out a couple of kids and you get a bit more for fags.

Benefit scrounging, gets inflamed with stories like this.
    https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/34...s-bigger-house

Is it any wonder that, people in this country try it on and the back lash is the easiest victims get persecuted first?
    It reminds me of the CSA. The idea sounds great. Make dads pay their way. But the real dodgers get ignored because they were so hard to nail down. So we'll hammer the decent fathers instead.

Or this sponger, hiding behind the student camouflage. Not getting enough in France, decides to milk it here.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ning-room.html

Yep, lets have a go at the disabled first, rather than risk being called a racist.

I think that it's a common mistake that people assume that all levels of welfare are generous. They're not at all, yes people get rent paid so a roof over their head but in terms of available cash, I think you'll find that it's very frugal existence on the basic out of work benefits?

It's a fine balance to find, payments should be sufficiently generous that people on benefits through no fault of their own, have a reasonable standard of life however, how to weed out the others? You will always have an underclass that are happy to live on £5 a day for the rest of their lives if it means not working, pump out a couple of kids and you get a bit more for fags.
    Something interesting is happening in the US now. There is a greater rate of obesity among food stamp claimants than non-claimants. So for what must be the 1st time in history we have people who don’t work having a problem with being too fat!
    Do you think that’s a welfare system that’s doing what you’d like it to with your cash?

Something interesting is happening in the US now. There is a greater rate of obesity among food stamp claimants than non-claimants. So for what must be the 1st time in history we have people who don’t work having a problem with being too fat!
    Do you think that’s a welfare system that’s doing what you’d like it to with your cash?
    Yoy think they get over fed?

I'd suggest it's more likely that they have to eat crap rather than the more expensive, healthy food. Why are offers in Tesco, always on ice cream, biscuits and other crap, never healthy food?

I'd suggest it's more likely that they have to eat crap rather than the more expensive, healthy food. Why are offers in Tesco, always on ice cream, biscuits and other crap, never healthy food?
    Veg is always on offer in my local one

Quote Originally Posted by bobbilly View Post
    Veg is always on offer in my local one
    I must be looking in the wrong place, it's literally Ice cream, hot dog sausage and Pizza, rubbish food in my Tesco in Carlton

Surely it is more to do with minimum calories needed to function.......a working person is probably up and about for 10 to 12 hours a day (obviously depending on the type of job) whereas someone on benefits is not?

Of course they might have other interests to keep them busy, but they are unlikely to be burning as many calories as someone putting in a full shift in a factory or even an office?

Let’s suppose that’s true. That means not only is the benefit system providing them with enough cash not to work and eat too much of the wrong stuff, it’s also doing nothing about it as they turn themselves from people who maybe were not willing to work, into people unable to who now need increased medical resources because they aren’t educated properly (perhaps). That’s not a system I want to be forced under threat of prison to pay for.
    Go to a restaurant or a clothes shop, be unsatisfied with the product, complain, and often it’s “sorry sir, here’s a free dessert, your cash back”, etc...
    Complain about the “product” the Govt provides with your taxes & if it’s about welfare migrants or the unwilling to work getting it, one is often branded a racist or heartless simply for saying, “errr, excuse me, doesn’t look like the system is working as well as it should.”

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast