+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Beating the benefit scroungers: how NOT to do it.

OT: Beating the benefit scroungers: how NOT to do it.

The report below isn't a spur of the moment judgement, but the result of a five year study. It would appear the disabled have been getting a particularly poor deal. Now there's a surprise.

Benefit sanctions are ineffective at getting jobless people into work and are more likely to reduce those affected to poverty, ill-health or even survival crime, the UK’s most extensive study of welfare conditionality has found.

The five-year exercise tracking hundreds of claimants concludes that the controversial policy of docking benefits as punishment for alleged failures to comply with jobcentre rules has been little short of disastrous.

“Benefit sanctions do little to enhance people’s motivation to prepare for, seek or enter paid work. They routinely trigger profoundly negative personal, financial, health and behavioural outcomes,” the study concludes.

Despite claims by ministers in recent years that rigorously enforced conditionality – including mandatory 35-hour job searches – incentivised claimants to move off benefits into work, the study found the positive impact was negligible.

It calls for a review of the use of sanctions, including an immediate moratorium on benefit sanctions for disabled people who are disproportionately affected, together with an urgent “rebalancing” of the social security system to focus less on compliance and more on helping claimants into work.

Bring back chimney-sweeps......that should put a few thousand back into gainful employment.

Obviously not the disabled ones.....the wheelchairs tend to get stuck as they go around the bends....best idea I've found, is to lower a rope down from the chimney-pot and hook the "non-fully-functional" under the armpits

Make sure they are wearing a hard-hat to cover H&S compliance

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Bring back chimney-sweeps......that should put a few thousand back into gainful employment.

Obviously not the disabled ones.....the wheelchairs tend to get stuck as they go around the bends....best idea I've found, is to lower a rope down from the chimney-pot and hook the "non-fully-functional" under the armpits

Are you contractually obliged to be vulgar and boorish on every single thread?

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Are you contractually obliged to be vulgar and boorish on every single thread?
    I find that if you go fishing early enough, you normally get a few nibbles around dawn (6am here....the first streaks of daylight are just appearing over the mountains)

Sid has started yet another political thread......I thought I would add my particular brand of humour......boorish? not seen that used for a while, crude and uncivilised....mmmmmm....I take it that you are not a fan of Jimmy Carr then?

I find that if you go fishing early enough, you normally get a few nibbles around dawn (6am here....the first streaks of daylight are just appearing over the mountains)

Sid has started yet another political thread......I thought I would add my particular brand of humour......boorish? not seen that used for a while, crude and uncivilised....mmmmmm....I take it that you are not a fan of Jimmy Carr then?
    Can't stand that stunted Tw@t or most 'modern' comics, the worst being that idiotic prancing Jock ... McIntyre. Watched a few clips last night of Ken Goodwin on Youtube ..... Clean, gormless and funny in the tradition of the great northern comedians.

Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post
    Can't stand that stunted Tw@t or most 'modern' comics, the worst being that idiotic prancing Jock ... McIntyre. Watched a few clips last night of Ken Goodwin on Youtube ..... Clean, gormless and funny in the tradition of the great northern comedians.
    Two Jimmy Carr jokes

His mother knitted him a sweater for Xmas but instead of Christmas motifs, she knitted "I hate Blacks".......Carr said, "I can't wear that......pause.....the sleeves are too long"

He loves to see flowers in the garden, but hates gardening......so he "accidentally" reversed his car over the paper-boy.....pause....now there are stacks of free flowers in the driveway.

Not to everyones taste, but the audience loved it.

Two Jimmy Carr jokes

His mother knitted him a sweater for Xmas but instead of Christmas motifs, she knitted "I hate Blacks".......Carr said, "I can't wear that......pause.....the sleeves are too long"

He loves to see flowers in the garden, but hates gardening......so he "accidentally" reversed his car over the paper-boy.....pause....now there are stacks of free flowers in the driveway.

Not to everyones taste, but the audience loved it.
    One of his worst-

"Give to the Red Cross, to help buy mosquito nets across Africa"
    " with your help, we can save the lives of millions of mosquito's from AIDS"

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    One of his worst-

"Give to the Red Cross, to help buy mosquito nets across Africa"
    " with your help, we can save the lives of millions of mosquito's from AIDS"
    Back-seat women drivers, always moaning.......especially when you start driving them into the woods to rape them.

Teachers that volunteer to teach homeless kids are actually just lazy...........they just cannot be bothered to set, and mark, any homework....boom boom

personally I think this is quite amusing ....
    how anyone can think its a serious post is beyond me .....!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    The report below isn't a spur of the moment judgement, but the result of a five year study. It would appear the disabled have been getting a particularly poor deal. Now there's a surprise.

Benefit sanctions are ineffective at getting jobless people into work and are more likely to reduce those affected to poverty, ill-health or even survival crime, the UK’s most extensive study of welfare conditionality has found.

The five-year exercise tracking hundreds of claimants concludes that the controversial policy of docking benefits as punishment for alleged failures to comply with jobcentre rules has been little short of disastrous.

“Benefit sanctions do little to enhance people’s motivation to prepare for, seek or enter paid work. They routinely trigger profoundly negative personal, financial, health and behavioural outcomes,” the study concludes.

Despite claims by ministers in recent years that rigorously enforced conditionality – including mandatory 35-hour job searches – incentivised claimants to move off benefits into work, the study found the positive impact was negligible.

It calls for a review of the use of sanctions, including an immediate moratorium on benefit sanctions for disabled people who are disproportionately affected, together with an urgent “rebalancing” of the social security system to focus less on compliance and more on helping claimants into work.
    Do you think everyone in the UK who is able to work, wants to?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast