+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The North South Divide

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    Two things you should never argue about. Politics and religion.
    There’s no argument just one sad individual with a different perspective than everyone else on the board
    Trying to antagonise everyone
    It’s vertually every post ruined by his rants

To bring that woman into a thread about north and south diviide knowing it will piss people in the north off. Done deliberately with intent.

Sad little p r I c k

Quote Originally Posted by tooslomofo View Post
    There’s no argument just one sad individual with a different perspective than everyone else on the board
    Trying to antagonise everyone
    It’s vertually every post ruined by his rants

To bring that woman into a thread about north and south diviide knowing it will piss people in the north off. Done deliberately with intent.

Sad little p r I c k
    Six of one and half a dozen of the other, don't you think?

Thought it wouldn’t be long before the other Chuckle Brother turned up

Regional divides exist in many countries and not just the UK. In Brazil, the state of Sao Paulo has a GDP the same size as Turkey and yet in the north of the country many areas are 3rd World.

One legacy of the Thatcher years was the appearance of the Square Mile in London as one of the main financial districts in the world, which created many jobs in an industry (financial services) that we are as good at as anywhere else in the world. Companies will naturally be drawn to set up near places like that, fuelling the divide.

Manchester appears to be bucking the trend and placed itself, as I understand it, as England's second city (it's many years since I've lived there) with the BBC and others moving offices there? TBH I think it's the NE and, to a lesser degree, Scotland that feels the North-South divide more.

The fact is that every region has it's good and bad. If it's all just about money then, move South!!

No it's none of one and a dozen of the other as it was your paramour as usual who began it all by bringing in Maggie Snatcher in the first place. (As Nerd the 2nd has me on ignore can some one answer this so it comes up for him to see.)

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherTerryMac View Post
    Thought it wouldn’t be long before the other Chuckle Brother turned up
    Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dummer

Quote Originally Posted by tooslomofo View Post
    Absolute bull

How do you feel about her orders for the police on horseback with drawn truncheons to charge protesting miners???

I raised a glass and laughed the day that b I t c h died
    I loved seeing those cowardly miners who had attacked the homes and the families of people wanting to work
    Their wives their kids

Don't forget that
    Who gave the orders for that to be done
    The cowardly miners unions and big brave minors

The truth is many mines had been shut down or even unworkable due to safety issues and were past the point of affordable repair
    And Maggie had to do labours dirty work

Don't forget that many then only had electricity for a couple of days a week and I remember seeing rubbish piles 4-6 feet high due to all the strikes

Something had to be done and the Iron Lady sorted it
    What a true great she will always be

You're always going to get both sides to a story depending on how that story unfolds to those that are part of something being taken from them or added for them.

One persons dislike is another persons hallelujah.

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    I loved seeing those cowardly miners who had attacked the homes and the families of people wanting to work
    Their wives their kids

Don't forget that
    Who gave the orders for that to be done
    The cowardly miners unions and big brave minors

The truth is many mines had been shut down or even unworkable due to safety issues and were past the point of affordable repair
    And Maggie had to do labours dirty work

Don't forget that many then only had electricity for a couple of days a week and I remember seeing rubbish piles 4-6 feet high due to all the strikes

Something had to be done and the Iron Lady sorted it
    What a true great she will always be
    And what about the huge deficit she caused to the economy having record unemployment and the cost of all of those benefits had to be paid to the unemployed caused by Maggie Snatcher.

This country has never recovered from her period in office either financially or morally.

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    And what about the huge deficit she caused to the economy having record unemployment and the cost of all of those benefits had to be paid to the unemployed caused by Maggie Snatcher.

This country has never recovered from her period in office either financially or morally.
    Maggie thatcher and the pits are all long gone - in twenty years they,ll be forgotten and even today reliance on coal is zero
    Also while most pits were in the north the last ones to return to work were the kent miners so hardly a north south issue
    If thatcher had not existed we would never know how life would,ve turned out for better or worse

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)