+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are the Chien Gang really interested in football ?

Are the Chien Gang really interested in football ?

This season has ended in Chien's two clubs suffering major declines--

1) The first club he bought, OGC Nice, have slumped from being a Champions League to a mid table club with no European competition. The manager Favre has legged it to Dortmund and top scorer Balotelli is on his way along with other major players. £17 million has been lost in income.

2) Chien's second purchase, Barnsley FC, have been relegated to the Third Tier of English football. A monumental c0ck up of a managerial appointment has been sacked.£6 million has been lost in income.

I remember well the PR stuff spouted at the pre Christmas press Conference abart we have a group who are winners, look at what we have done at OGC Nice.

I await with interest what develops over the summer.

I wouldn't hold your breath on anything changing SB

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    This season has ended in Chien's two clubs suffering major declines--

1) The first club he bought, OGC Nice, have slumped from being a Champions League to a mid table club with no European competition. The manager Favre has legged it to Dortmund and top scorer Balotelli is on his way along with other major players. £17 million has been lost in income.

2) Chien's second purchase, Barnsley FC, have been relegated to the Third Tier of English football. A monumental c0ck up of a managerial appointment has been sacked.£6 million has been lost in income.

I remember well the PR stuff spouted at the pre Christmas press Conference abart we have a group who are winners, look at what we have done at OGC Nice.

I await with interest what develops over the summer.
    Hmm , not a mention of the state of play when the club was handed over to the new ownership from Patrick Cryne , your post is factually correct SB but not balanced because we are where we are and mistakes were already at play when the club were handed over in Dec 2017 .

Let's not forget the summer recruitment under the plan left the club short on quality , experience and a lob sided squad .

It gave a Head Coach with far too much to do in getting the team hitting the ground , the McBurnie fiasco also occurred under the last ownership and had a massive impact on our subsequent relegation , I'm sure we would all agree that had McBurnie joined in August we wouldn't be having this debate .

The new ownership have contributed to our demise by failing to address the problems that occurred before they took control in the January and the cluster feck that was the previous HC .

The previous owner pyssed Hecky off and set the mood music until he eventually walked away and set us on the path to relegation alongside poor planning and recruitment .

All the ingredients needed to be added to the bowl including Hecky if we are to debate where we are today with balance and credibility .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Hmm , not a mention of the state of play when the club was handed over to the new ownership from Patrick Cryne , your post is factually correct SB but not balanced because we are where we are and mistakes were already at play when the club were handed over in Dec 2017 .

Let's not forget the summer recruitment under the plan left the club short on quality , experience and a lob sided squad .

It gave a Head Coach with far too much to do in getting the team hitting the ground , the McBurnie fiasco also occurred under the last ownership and had a massive impact on our subsequent relegation , I'm sure we would all agree that had McBurnie joined in August we wouldn't be having this debate .

The new ownership have contributed to our demise by failing to address the problems that occurred before they took control in the January and the cluster feck that was the previous HC .

The previous owner pyssed Hecky off and set the mood music until he eventually walked away and set us on the path to relegation alongside poor planning and recruitment .

All the ingredients needed to be added to the bowl including Hecky if we are to debate where we are today with balance and credibility .
    Just to add balance I pose the following in response to your paragraphs/points in turn. In doing so I stress these are merely my opinions---

1) The Spreadsheet system operated by Scape Goat Hair did result in an unbalanced squad which the then HC had a rant about pre season.

2) The McBurnie fiasco has never been fully explained who was responsible. It's a bit like Tom being not at the wedding.

3) The Consortium surely had a business plan sorted before they rocked up pre Christmas/ Jan transfer window.

4) The previous owner died soon after Mr Heckingbottom left . They were a good team similar to Dennis and Wilson. Who knows what was said to Mr Heckingbottom when the Consortium arrived ? We have a bloke who has worked with Mourinho waiting to step in.

Error --Cryne died before he left. Couldn't edit it in time.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 22-05-2018 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Just to add balance I pose the following in response to your paragraphs/points in turn. In doing so I stress these are merely my opinions---

1) The Spreadsheet system operated by Scape Goat Hair did result in an unbalanced squad which the then HC had a rant about pre season.

2) The McBurnie fiasco has never been fully explained who was responsible. It's a bit like Tom being not at the wedding.

3) The Consortium surely had a business plan sorted before they rocked up pre Christmas/ Jan transfer window.

4) The previous owner died soon after Mr Heckingbottom left . They were a good team similar to Dennis and Wilson. Who knows what was said to Mr Heckingbottom when the Consortium arrived ? We have a bloke who has worked with Mourinho waiting to step in.

Just to add an opinion on point 3 regarding the business plan .

The previous owner had the benefit of 14 years behind him owning this club , the majority of which to his credit were in the championship , he also oversaw two promotions , the JPT and an FA cup semi final and one and a half relegations , I'll be generous on that point .

He also had a multitude of experience in hiring coaches , transfer windows , re-building squads within budget , the difficulties of english championship football and a handle on the fans and culture within this town and club and yet we ended up with a poor quality squad , inexperienced and lob sided as I stated earlier , these aren't generally mistakes you would associate with an owner with a wealth of experience as oppose to where we are today after 6 months of the current regime .

That's not to say I'm impressed thus far because I'm not , the Time Square self indulgence turned my stomach to be honest and we've yet to hear a peep out of them since relegation was confirmed , you wouldn't place much faith in an offer to share the last lifeboat on the Titanic with them that's for sure , you can bet your last billion dollars they will appear on camera if we are ever succesful at Wembley again .

Now my question to you is this SB , when push came to shove , families inheritance etc even under sad circumstances how much did the previous owner care about football ?

And there was me thinking that everything in the garden was rosey, well done SB lol.
    Im not in the slightest bit interested in Chien Lee's other clubs, but it does make me wonder whats going on, is everything alright benind the scenes. Once again we're looking for assurances of any sort and the silence is getting louder!.

Of course cryne was thinking about his family not going short hence the PLAN the money he put in the club he was like any other business man making sure he got it back and more even when Pete Doyle took over the reigns what for£250 000 he said the money was for his family and there would be no way he was going to be a looser

Football isn’t an exact science, every club gets it wrong from time to time. No matter how much they spend or who’s put in as manager. We’re no different to any other club

Do lessons get learned though when mistakes are made?

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast