+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Are the Chien Gang really interested in football ?

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    "I was imprecise in my use of words"

Luvvit.

I'll use that one myself in the future if that's o'reyt wi thee Kerr.
    Of course you may, but understand that it will only add to my feelings of dismay.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    The site was identified as part of a large development in the valley to the west of Nice burrit wo Chien's money wot did it---or so we were told by Chien's PR people as part of the hype about the consortium during our takeover.
    Sure I saw where the training ground was announced with all the designs before they bought the club . I don’t think they’ve done much different to what they said though, it was never going to be about big investment in wages and players . Not sure why some think differently.

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    Sure I saw where the training ground was announced with all the designs before they bought the club . I don’t think they’ve done much different to what they said though, it was never going to be about big investment in wages and players . Not sure why some think differently.
    The only thing I initially thought was that we may be able to keep at least some of our better players but obviously not everyone and perhaps add one or two Morsy's or Ollie Watkins to the squad .

I never thought that they would be providing the type of finance Villa and Wolves enjoy and thought we would gradually be able to compete a little better than we do currently in the championship , I never really thought much above that other than we may have a season possibly challenging the play off places in a Millwall kind of fashion .

What seems clear as SB has alluded to with his research on Nice is that any financial failure on the field will now be absorbed by the business and not previously by the ownership .

There's is little margin for error today , the recruitment has to be exceptional and the choice of HC to suit .

We will stand and fall by events on the field but any success that leads to financial windfalls will leave the business as returns on investment for the owners but the failure will be absorbed by the club , just my opinion of course .

It's to be hoped the recruitment is near on perfect both on the field and technical area because we operate today without a fire wall .

Good luck with that .

I'm relaxed about it all to be honest. At Nice if they spent £21 million they sold £21 million's worth. If we're signing better players we'll be higher up the table. If we're higher up the table we'll sell and replace with better players and so on and so forth.

I genuinely believe the new owners will be embarrassed about our relegation with Wolves, Villa and Cardiff being run by Chinese businessman. This pride will hopefully be put to good use.

Chien is selling the family silver at OGC Nice Ponte to avoid purrin his own money in. Big wage earners Wesley Sneijdner and Mario Balotelli have gone. Balotelli has kept Nice alive this season with 26 goals, at one stage they were flirting with relegation, Seri will go within days at an agreed release clause of £35 million and that will keep Chien solvent just one more season.
    Can you think of a club that sells it's best players and replaces with cheaper inferior ones as a plan of working and goes into a spiral of decline and eventual relegation ?
    Last edited by SBRed48; 24-05-2018 at 03:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    I think Chien and the rest of the busy directors spent weeks getting the Barnsley bid through so they can then pour millions of pounds of their own money down the drain.
    This is what all successful business people do.
    Lol !!!
    Jeez - yer couldn’t make it up!!!
    Is Chien Lee interested in football - lol !!!
    I wouldn't laugh out loud too much YN , you immediately thought we were the biggest club in yorkshire the moment the consortium walked through the door .

Now that was funny !!

They backed Hecky in january.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    They backed Hecky in january.
    We also flogged Macdonald to help fund the expenditure steve , it wasn't all one way mate .

My point is they aren't asset strippers. They swap things about. If we buy £6 millions worth this summer I'm all for us selling a Lindsay or a Bradshaw. Players come and go.

There's nowt wrong with balancing the books Ponte.

I think most reasonable fans expected to see a little growth in the quality of the squad though, retaining the better players and bringing in one or two quality additions within FFP rules so we gradually develop a settled squad capable of achieving things. Nothing crazy.

What is your take Ponte on why The Consortium have bought Barnsley FC ?
    Last edited by SBRed48; 25-05-2018 at 11:24 AM.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast