+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Are the Chien Gang really interested in football ?

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post

Now my question to you is this SB , when push came to shove , families inheritance etc even under sad circumstances how much did the previous owner care about football ?
    A few years back on a Tuesday neet at Glandford Park, S****horpe, Car Park me and son(wearing Reds top) were sat in the car sheltering from heavy rain having arrived early. A car Reg PC2 pulled in alongside us. The driver tapped on our window and we wound it down. He said "Awful night isn't it. We must be mad. Here's hoping for a win eh. Thank you for coming."

(Bell is not pregnant after all)
    Last edited by SBRed48; 22-05-2018 at 07:32 PM.

Just get someone with English football knowledge and make him in charge of recruitment not a French Muppet who has proved he hasn't got a clue

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    A few years back on a Tuesday neet at Glandford Park, S****horpe, Car Park me and son(wearing Reds top) were sat in the car sheltering from heavy rain having arrived early. A car Reg PC2 pulled in alongside us. The driver tapped on our window and we wound it down. He said "Awful night isn't it. We must be mad. Here's hoping for a win eh. Thank you for coming."
    But I asked when push came to shove SB and not under different circumstances ?

To be fair Animal... when we were in the SH1t, ( When push came to shove), and no one else wanted to save the club PC did come forward and put his head above the trench top.
    Whilst I agree he did make money from doing so in the end.... there was no guarantee that it would occur. What chance or price would he have got of Wembley twice and a promotion ......
    Therefore it was a slight gamble with HIS money
    We were turned over in the end by poor planning/poor fortune in the end. PC’s, mainly and the stupid appointment of GG. ( I still believe to this day it was a condition made by the Lee consortium that he worked with the club for a period before they would invest/buy). Couple this with the owners death, and a HC that could only play one way, and believed he was the Messiah. Loyalty to this coach amd this coach’s loyalty to a dying man did for the club in the past seasons.

PCs family will definitely have been in profit, but PC left it to the end, to “Take the big money” for his family. Who can blame him.. He delivered, then failed. But overall during his tenure, we had an improvement, and some success.
    PC did that, yes , but couldn’t have predicted the success we had when he bought the club.

Neither are blameless in our demise, both are very much at fault but we should remember that one of these two chaps family has one less member
    The decisions of the HC, and owner can be questioned “ad infinitum”
    But Regardless of what Money PCs family “Made” or not, the tenure of PC left the club in a far better state, even with the recent relegation than it was when he took the reins.
    Lee and his mates have, I would suggest until October to wrestle a victory from the jaws of defeat, before supporters let them know what they expect. If they turn this clubs fortunes around I wxpect them to be looked on a favourably as some look at Pc....
    I’ll wager that they

Just for balance and clarity---
    If tha meaning wo PC interested in money as well as football, then yes, at the end of his 14 years in charge, he was repaid the loans he was owed and took what the consortium offered to provide for his family after he died. I don't know how much of his own wealth he fed into the club over those years. I recall reading a figure of £6 million in loans and underwriting a £2 million overdraft. The Consortium came because the club had no debt beyond the loans to PC and the overdraft. In such circumstances the £20 million paid by the Consortium would be good value to them and if the net £14mill did all go to PC (presumably the £2 million overdraft was paid off by the Consortium) then that amounts to about £1 million for each of the years he was owner. His personal wealth was thought to be around £40 million back in 2002/3. If he had just sat on that rather than seeing BFC through financial issues, at an average int erest of say 4% growing at a compound rate,ie 4% of an increasing figure
    Year 1 £40mill grows to £41.6 mill
    Year 2 £41.6 mill grows to £43.3 mill
    Year3 £43.3 mill grows to £45 mill.......
    Year 14...much more than the money he got from the Consortium

I'm grateful he didn't just sit watching it grow. He was a lifelong fan interested in football ie Barnsley FC.

SB if he lent BFC £6 million Then he would have had about £34 million to sit on as you put it What do you think the £34 mill was doing I don't think it would have been in a sock under the bed now would it? & the £6 mill in loans was over the period of his tenure so the £34 mill I used is understated
    Now do the math from that point
    Don't forget PC was a businessman
    BTW this is not an anti Cryne post

If PC wasn't interested in BFC he wouldn't have loaned the £6 million and his starting point would be £40 million to watch grow and grow whilst BFC floundered.

It is unlikely he made any/much money on the interest on the loan as he would have pay tax on the interest which would be much higher than the % he would be allowed to charge.
    Eg he lends £6 million at 4% that leaves him with a profit after tax of £192,000 (based on 20% tax but in reality would probably be 40%) or £13714 a year over 14 years ish ....

Where he could benefit though is if the £6 million sat in his bank account as he would pay much more than 13k a year in taxes etc if they showed as profit.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Just for balance and clarity---
    If tha meaning wo PC interested in money as well as football, then yes, at the end of his 14 years in charge, he was repaid the loans he was owed and took what the consortium offered to provide for his family after he died. I don't know how much of his own wealth he fed into the club over those years. I recall reading a figure of £6 million in loans and underwriting a £2 million overdraft. The Consortium came because the club had no debt beyond the loans to PC and the overdraft. In such circumstances the £20 million paid by the Consortium would be good value to them and if the net £14mill did all go to PC (presumably the £2 million overdraft was paid off by the Consortium) then that amounts to about £1 million for each of the years he was owner. His personal wealth was thought to be around £40 million back in 2002/3. If he had just sat on that rather than seeing BFC through financial issues, at an average int erest of say 4% growing at a compound rate,ie 4% of an increasing figure
    Year 1 £40mill grows to £41.6 mill
    Year 2 £41.6 mill grows to £43.3 mill
    Year3 £43.3 mill grows to £45 mill.......
    Year 14...much more than the money he got from the Consortium

I'm grateful he didn't just sit watching it grow. He was a lifelong fan interested in football ie Barnsley FC.
    Fair enough if that is how you see it .

My own personal view is that the club will have to stand on it's own two feet under the new owners whilst also delivering a profit back to it's members , breaking even would be considered a poor year for the consortium in my opinion .

I don't believe for one minute they are looking to achieve a quick buck but they will expect to see small returns coming out of the club over a medium to long term period .

The only way the club can operate and provide profit is through the sale of players , the business does not have the brand , customer base or the starting financial position to be succesful as a football business above league one unless it was to receive very very significant investment and I'm not convinced that will happen and neither do I want to see it happen given what Wolves , Villa and Wendy have had to spend just to highlight three examples .

Any losses won't be tolerated and cuts will be made ruthlessly to ensure they don't require cash injections from the owners , profits will leave the business but the losses will be absorbed .

If the spreadsheet identifies star players the only thing you will enjoy is the fact his pending transfer will provide the funds to balance the books or provide the consortium a small return , don't expect any star players to transform the club's fortunes above league one level because they won't be around long enough to have that kind of influence .

Success will be judged by how long the ownership remains here and not events on a football field , if they remain we will be doing ok because the returns will be generated but if they put us up for sale fairly quickly and cut their losses we may be in a bad place .

Just my opinion and how I see the medium future of the club .

It goes without saying I'm happy to be totally wide of the mark .
    Last edited by animallittle3; 23-05-2018 at 04:49 PM.

Fair enough if that is how you see it .

My own personal view is that the club will have to stand on it's own two feet under the new owners whilst also delivering a profit back to it's members , breaking even would be considered a poor year for the consortium in my opinion .

I don't believe for one minute they are looking to achieve a quick buck but they will expect to see small returns coming out of the club over a medium to long term period .

The only way the club can operate and provide profit is through the sale of players , the business does not have the brand , customer base or the starting financial position to be succesful as a football business above league one unless it was to receive very very significant investment and I'm not convinced that will happen and neither do I want to see it happen given what Wolves , Villa and Wendy have had to spend just to highlight three examples .

Any losses won't be tolerated and cuts will be made ruthlessly to ensure they don't require cash injections from the owners , profits will leave the business but the losses will be absorbed .

If the spreadsheet identifies star players the only thing you will enjoy is the fact his pending transfer will provide the funds to balance the books or provide the consortium a small return , don't expect any star players to transform the club's fortunes above league one level because they won't be around long enough to have that kind of influence .

Success will be judged by how long the ownership remains here and not events on a football field , if they remain we will be doing ok because the returns will be generated but if they put us up for sale fairly quickly and cut their losses we may be in a bad place .

Just my opinion and how I see the medium future of the club .

It goes without saying I'm happy to be totally wide of the mark .
    Bizarre isn’t it, I just don’t get why they would be interested in the paltry returns they would get on the above model given their wealth.
    I also don’t believe given their wealth there would be interest from the property side of things as suggested by some.

In fact short of them kidding themselves that they can create another Chelsea, I can’t see why they would be interested. To quote an esteemed poster somats not right down there

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast